Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to bling up the radiator guards with some metal ones... Sorry I did. Took forever and was one MAJOR PITA!!!!
But, got them on finally and do like the looks of them since I anodized them red...

·
Registered
291 Posts
Decided to bling up the radiator guards with some metal ones... Sorry I did. Took forever and was one MAJOR PITA!!!!
But, got them on finally and do like the looks of them since I anodized them red...
View attachment 54773 View attachment 54774 View attachment 54775
Looks pretty cool AT. A question for ya. When you say YOU anodized them red, did YOU do the work or, send them out and have them anodized? I'm just wondering 'cause I just did some of my own powder coating.
Scott

·
Super Moderator
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks pretty cool AT. A question for ya. When you say YOU anodized them red, did YOU do the work or, send them out and have them anodized? I'm just wondering 'cause I just did some of my own powder coating.
Scott
Oops should of been FAKE anodized - basically candy apple red - they are steel grates anyway. But i have done a little powder coating a long time ago too.

·
Super Moderator
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I got ANOTHER set of Rad Guards (ones that were lost in the mail for almost 5 months). I’ve decided to paint them a bit different than my current ones, just waiting for some metallic white paint to finish them, they should match up with the cowlings when I’m done...

·
Registered
43 Posts
AT-D, thread derail time.
What light mounts do you use? Any problems with vibration induced rotation?

Back on topic.
The guards were such a pain in the donkey aaannnnd you're going to do it again....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
You sir, are a glutton for punishment.

·
Super Moderator
1,519 Posts
Well I got ANOTHER set of Rad Guards (ones that were lost in the mail for almost 5 months). I’ve decided to paint them a bit different than my current ones, just waiting for some metallic white paint to finish them, they should match up with the cowlings when I’m done... View attachment 55701
After all the work, does it hold up fairly well without chipping from stones, gravel, etc.?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
AT-D, thread derail time.
What light mounts do you use? Any problems with vibration induced rotation?

Back on topic.
The guards were such a pain in the donkey aaannnnd you're going to do it again....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
You sir, are a glutton for punishment.
Yes, I’m not at all looking forward to swapping them out...
I used PIAA 360* Bar Clamps and they are rock solid..

After all the work, does it hold up fairly well without chipping from stones, gravel, etc.?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
I don’t think there’d be any issues, they sit back far enough that you would be hard pressed to see any small chips and too; they are powder coated black under all that color.

Reactions: phydough

·
Super Moderator
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, FINALLY swapped them out for some tri-color ones... Turned out ok ...

Reactions: ViperTech18

·
Super Moderator
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Those are Sweet. Looks good. The white draws in your attention to them.
Thanks, tho I’m thinking I may be getting a bit carried away with the white, blue, & red scheme..

·
Registered
222 Posts
Thanks, tho I’m thinking I may be getting a bit carried away with the white, blue, & red scheme..
I submit that is not possible AT.

·
Super Moderator
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
How many miles on that front tire? It's cupping/scalloped pretty good
8,450 ish Miles.
It’s the OEM tire mounted & balanced by Honda...

·
Super Moderator
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Don’t recall for sure, but at the Honda recommended amount ( off the sticker on the chain guard ). Checked about once a month Or so..

1 - 20 of 27 Posts