Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The Honda Africa Twin in the Movies or Television:

Over the holidays I binged on TV a bit and watched “Fauda,” a Netflix original series about an Israeli counterterrorist unit that works undercover in the West Bank to hunt down and take out Palestinian terrorists. I don’t want to get into the politics of the region, but the show seems to give a fairly balanced view of the conflict. It’s won a slew of awards and it’s actually pretty good. I recommend it to anyone who likes “Political Thrillers.”

But to the point.

A 2017 (or 16) black manual Africa Twin is featured in the 2nd season, ridden by none other than the lead actor. We see it first in Episode One of season 2, beginning at about 14:34. Nice photography as the bike rides over the desert and into a village, ending with a mid-closeup of the bike and rider. The bike appears to have the OEM upper bars installed. We see it next at about 30:00 in, from the right side now, even closer, with what appears to be a Termignoni slip on exhaust.

And then in the same episode, at about 40 minutes in, we see the show's antagonists riding what appear to be Honda CRF250L’s.

The Africa Twin makes another appearance in Episode 10 at about 23:00 minutes in, with Doron (main protagonist) again riding the bike, and ending with a nice, dolly-in glamour shot with the sun setting behind it.

Just thought I’d let you guys know in case you're interested.

Anyone else see our beloved motorcycle in movies or TV shows?

Gary

(Attached is a still from the TV series).

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
No, I haven't seen it in any television shows, but I did see a guy riding one like a stuntman in downtown Waterloo. Man, the carelessness of some people...
But he sure made the bike look capable with his bobbing in and out of traffic, hard brake stops (and a small brake stand at one point!), and a front wheel rise...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts