Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a ride up to the Lake District yesterday. It was around 270 miles total. I'm trying to get the miles on so it can have it's first oil change on Friday. I've done about 500 since I collected it on Saturday.

A few pictures.

On the Hardknott Pass

Up the west coast of Coniston

Wyrnose Pass

Looking down into Langdale

M6

Looking towards the South from Hardknott

Coniston

I think that's Coniston Old Man in front.

Caught these 2 on the Wyrnose Pass, I could smell the burning clutches on the ascent

Ashness Bridge near Derwent Water

'Surprise View' @ Derwent Water

Grassmere village

Loads more here http://www.wheelshots.com/Motorcycles/Ride-Outs-and-Bike-Meets/Lake-District-Ride

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yes, some great pics. Those angry clouds might have kept other bikes indoors, but clearly don't faze the AT! Pity to be reminded about the M6, though - it's an awful place to be on a bike (even worse in a car!), but a necessary evil to get to the good places, I guess.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you. I use a Nikon d600 when im stopped and a nikon aw130 tethered to my jacket with a gear keeper for the mobile shots. I use the camera upside down in my left hand. If i need to get my hand back on the bars i can just let go of the camera and it gets wound back in by the gear keeper.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts