Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't believe Honda would do that - for some reason they have changed the way the U-lock fits (or doesn't) under the pillion seat. There are still two holes in the upper grey plastic but they are partially closed off by the mouldings in the black mudguard, and they have put a black vertical stop on one side as if they want to prevent the U-lock going in.
:frown2::mad:
Mike

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If that is a lock that resides behind the rear number plate then I have considered one of those previously but the U-lock is a heavy thing and it would be a lot of leverage on what appears to be mainly plastic parts. Under the seat is ideal as it keeps it clean and you can keep the key with it.
Mike

·
Registered
191 Posts
It's all steel with a reinforcement plate, baby! It's easily one of the best purchases I've made for the bike.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What's the metal cable for under the seat? Can't figure it out & too lazy to search manual.
Helmet locking strap. Bit of a faff but useable. There's a hook under the seat that you put the loop of wire on after threading it through the D-ring of your helmet strap. You can use it with a microlock strap as well but it takes a bit of thinking through.
Mike

·
Registered
129 Posts
Helmet locking strap. Bit of a faff but useable. There's a hook under the seat that you put the loop of wire on after threading it through the D-ring of your helmet strap. You can use it with a microlock strap as well but it takes a bit of thinking through.
Mike
Cheers Mike, I reckon I'll stick in the top box or carry it with me than messing round with it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I don't have any cable under my 2021 AT seat? It such a pain to put the seat back on I'd never use it anyway.

People really lock their helmet using the D rings? Snip and sew and you got a nice helmet.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I don't have any cable under my 2021 AT seat? It such a pain to put the seat back on I'd never use it anyway.

People really lock their helmet using the D rings? Snip and sew and you got a nice helmet.
My Shoei has latch buckles so there’s no way to use the cable anyway.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My Shoei has latch buckles so there’s no way to use the cable anyway.
There are two ways. You can push one end of the loop through the nylon strapping behind the buckle then back through itself before fastening it on the hook under the seat. Tricky though because it makes the looped cable quite short (and it would be possible for someone to cut the nylon neckstrap and get it resewn if they really wanted your helmet.). The other method is to make or buy something like these which thread through the female part of the helmet strap buckle, then use the OEM wire loop through the hole in the end. People can still cut your helmet strap but then part of the buckle is going to be left on your bike.
Mike
PS the big problem in the UK with any of the devices that lock your helmet to the underseat, is that your helmet ends up as a rain bucket

1 - 11 of 11 Posts