Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am finding it extremely frustrating that site admin seems to put so many obstacles in the way of me logging in to this site.
I often find that I have been logged out inexplicably - more so when trying to use it on my iphone.
I spent ages trying to find or remember the password that had been sent to me whilst on a trip in Ireland last week. No luck though so I asked for a new password which came very quickly. However the site's insistence on including some symbols threw me as it had included a comma as the final character. I mistakenly assumed this was not part of the password and didn't get it sorted until I got back home. So yesterday I decided to change my password to one of my usual ones, but the system wouldn't let me use it because it needed heiroglyphs or something in order to make it secure enough. So I modified my usual password to contain some and it accepted it (I sent a copy of the new one to myself). Today it logged me out again and the new password wouldn't allow me back in. The one sent to me the other day - the one I changed - did however.
Sorry about the length of this post Admin, but I am reasonably technical and I can't believe I am the only one getting frustrated by this site behaviour.
Mike

·
Registered
787 Posts
It can get frustrating and IIRC, the site was hacked a while back which prompted the password difficulty. It wasn't only this site either and I know that when something happens and I get locked out, I'll have a bugger of a time trying to remember the password currently in use. But it's all for our own good and safety, allegedly.

·
Registered
31 Posts
But Mike, what if someone hacks your ATF login? Think of the untold damage that could be done...

I think it would inevitably lead to the end of the free world as we know it.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know I know .... that's the dilemma - it could result in presidents being impeached and prime ministers resigning.
This site is the only dedicated site for the Africa Twin that I can find, but I suspect it could be a lot bigger (and therefore more lucrative to 'admin' and more useful to AT owners), if some good design ideas were incorporated. The best forum site I have ever used - and which continues to have a huge growing membership is nc700.co.uk Well worth joining that anyway as there is plenty of good stuff on DCT issues
Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts