Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the p- & m-ing about buffeting with the older models, and the huge aftermarket for both taller and shorter screens, does anyone have anything to share about the airflow on the new version?

·
Super Moderator
2,211 Posts
Personally, looks wise I like it, but as in all things looks and practically rarely go together.

Reactions: DoubleThumper

·
Registered
285 Posts
I am seriously loving the real short screen on my 1100 AT, good ol fashioned wind in your face with no screen to get in the way or cause that buffeting.
No way Id fit a tall screen anymore, in fact I bought a tinted version of the short screen cos I liked it so much.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Almost my first modification was to remove the original screen and replace it with the black Givi sports screen. Clean airflow no buffeting no messing about with the plethora of aftermarket dams and deflectors. The big CRF is a naked bike. I wear protection from the elements. I'm not sure that I have a pressing need to turn the bike into some kind of faux super-tourer. There are other bikes in this segment more suited to that purpose most of them having cast wheels or a barn door screen as standard. Obviously we're all different, but that's my take on it. It's an exciting bike. It's an exciting naked bike.

·
Registered
211 Posts
With all the p- & m-ing about buffeting with the older models, and the huge aftermarket for both taller and shorter screens, does anyone have anything to share about the airflow on the new version?
Shadowjack,

Comparing to the old model I have with the standard honda screen no buffeting at all. On the ATAS it is adjustable and for me it works well I have my seat on 870mm and the screen on position 2 (from low to high). I am 1,89 and have size XXXL as jacket Helmet E1 schubert. Today it is very windy here 6 Beaufort from the east and I drove trough open land here and even then no problem. So for me no other screen like with the old one.
The old one was batzen riser, high screen honda mra spoiler then V-stream N2059 and airdam.
But it is alway personal feeling

·
Registered
107 Posts
Fitted MRA extension, I've always had good results with MRA products, just needed a bit more protection from the standard screen at speed. 20200401_135425.jpg 20200401_135348.jpg

·
Registered
285 Posts
In case any one is interested in the tinted OE option, Not quite the stealth look of Majauskas bike I still think its a good look too. Just thought people might like to see the dark tint straight out of the box.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Here’s a few screens to consider, i have no idea what they’re like or what he’s saying but they look good :) and there’s a good choice of sizes(y)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts