Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've recently taken delivery of my new 2020 Africa Twin Adventure Sport ES DCT, I immediately ordered the short screen.

I'd prefer the short screen for the precarious dirt riding than the larger screen, and having the short screen mounted onto the height adjuster allows me the ability to raise if necessary. However, I will probably use the taller screen when doing extended long haul touring.

·
Administrator
1,940 Posts
My logic is the same. I prefer a short screen for dirt riding and summer riding in general. But the tall screens are great for extended long haul touring to keep the strain off the neck at higher speeds.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've recently taken delivery of my new 2020bAfrica Twin Adventure Sport ES DCT, I immediately ordered the short screen.

I'd prefer the short screen for the precarious dirt riding than the larger screen, and having the short screen mounted onto the height adjuster allows me the ability to raise if necessary. However, I will probably use the taller screen when doing extended long haul touring.
can you confirm that the 2020 short screen mount fits ATAS version?

·
Registered
30 Posts
can you confirm that the 2020 short screen mount fits ATAS version?
Short answer: YES

Long answer: Besides the obvious height difference in the actual screens, the only other difference is that, the large screen is secured by 6 screws and the shorter screen secured by 4 screws.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thanks for information. I occassionaly swith on my 2020 basic model between short and tall screens depending on the tarmac and destination. But good to know. Maybe someday I will fit all the adjusting mechanics to the basic model

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've recently taken delivery of my new 2020 Africa Twin Adventure Sport ES DCT, I immediately ordered the short screen.

Can you post a picture of the Short screen on your AT AS version. I was instructed by my local Honda dealer, that it would not fit.

Thanks

·
Registered
237 Posts
I ended up getting the Puig racing screen for my ATAS. The screen is about 75mm shorter than the OEM screen (530 vs 450), which will allow me to see over the top without any issues. At some point I am definitely going to invest in a Madstad screen, which will be used when I do long distance touring.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was looking through the screen on its lower setting so took the plunge with a jig saw and cut 3 inches off the top. No difference to the airflow and I can lift it up if needed.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts