Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
throttles have adjustment screws, why the manufacturer does not provide synchronization ???

did anyone check the vacuum in their motorcycle? ?

vacuums are identical or different? if different, by what value?

·
Registered
326 Posts
It would be a great surprise if the bike would need manual throttle body synchronisation as a standard maintenance procedure. This happens automatically.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CRF has no autoregulation device in the injection system
only the engine speed is autoregulated by the engine controller

·
Registered
298 Posts
The throttle body is made with the left and right throttle blades on a common shaft like an automotive 2-barrel carburetor. No way to get out of sync. EFI systems have a baseline idle blade setting, then the ECU does the rest with the IAC valve. I couldn't find any mention of an initial setting procedure in the FSM, so they don't want anyone turning a "what's-this-do?" screw.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The throttle body is made with the left and right throttle blades on a common shaft like an automotive 2-barrel carburetor. No way to get out of sync. EFI systems have a baseline idle blade setting, then the ECU does the rest with the IAC valve. I couldn't find any mention of an initial setting procedure in the FSM, so they don't want anyone turning a "what's-this-do?" screw.
crf has two bypass screws on the front of the throttle body

·
Registered
366 Posts
mdxmd you seem to know all the details so why ask the question then post critic replies to keep the thread going? Seems you are itching to tell the whole story about your hypothesis so go ahead and post it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mdxmd you seem to know all the details so why ask the question then post critic replies to keep the thread going? Seems you are itching to tell the whole story about your hypothesis so go ahead and post it.
I am looking for any information on this subject. If there are adjustment bolts, there should be information about the adjustment itself.

CRF1000 :

two cylinders
two throttles
two injectors
two adjustment screws (air bypass)

why there is no auto synchronization TB

one lambda probe
one common Map sensor
one common stepper motor for regulating idle speed without separate air volume control for each cylinder

I checked the vacuum in my motorcycle and the right cylinder was about 10mmHg higher than the left one.

99% of motorcycles, vacums should be equal. There are a few exceptions, e.g. HONDA VTR1000 where the vacuum difference is 10mmHg. So I ask myself the obvious question about CRF.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I think a lot of people see problems where there is no problem. And of course the reverse is true, until parts fall off. I, like many people, have the 16-17 FSM. There is not one word in there that I could find about adjusting the throttle body, or even about checking vacuum... And so there is no need to do so.
Any "adjustment" screws are certainly there so the unit could be set and calibrated on initial assembly, and any change to those screws would certainly throw off the baseline and it would never run correctly again. All of the balancing and adjusting is done on the fly by the ECU, guided by the raft of sensors.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All of the balancing and adjusting is done on the fly by the ECU, guided by the raft of sensors.

the sensors are used to read the parameters but are not used for adjustment, the ecu controller in CRF can only change the engine speed, fuel ratio and ignition angle. ECU cannot balance vacum pressure....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts