Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 5,000 miles I've noticed a little hesitation or stickiness in the throttle grip. Does anyone know if it's dry inside or lubed? I may want to pull it off and put some good grease in there. Thanks

·
Registered
202 Posts
What year AT do you have? 2018+ models do not have cables only a potentiometer that cannot be lubricated. On earlier models the cable connections to the throttle tube can be lubed as well as the cables. The cables are teflon lined an usually do not require lubrication. Make sure the throttle grip is not rubbing on the handlebar or bar weight. This can cause the throttle not to move freely. If you have aftermarket grips this is fairly common and the grips can be trimmed with a razor blade to prevent sticking.

Dan

·
Registered
530 Posts
Check position of the throttle body / switchgear. Easy if the screws are not tight for it to get bumped / rotated and slide either away or towards the bar end.
If you have barkbusters or similar the grip rubber may be dragging against the bar end weight.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I fitted heated grips and ended up gluing the sleeve to the bar. Ye, I know. Stupid of me. Had to take it apart, clean it up, and I put a little grease back on. Works fine now. Think it is supposed to be ‘dry’ though. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input. I got busy and then took a 8 day 1,890 mile trip to Smokey Mts. My Twin is a 2020 ATAS DCT ES and I do have Bark Busters so I'll try loosening the throttle grip up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts