Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone on this forum. I have had my AT for about 1 1/2 years now and am just waiting to get it out after winter. I only have about 1800km on it. I have put on a center stand, better bash plate and guard and top case.
I am wanting to put on Koso Appolo heated grips, my wifes NC750X has them and they are awesome. I took my bike to the dealer and they said because the grips are 130mm they are too long. Has anyone here installed them and had to trim them? Any issues with install that my dealer should be able to figure out?
Thanks.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I only had to trim the right side grip about 3/16" or less. If I did it again I'd remove the throttle tube and sand/grind down the plastic ridge that holds on the OEM grip and it would likely slide on all the way without issue (and potentially with minimal cutting, if any). The Koso Apollo grips are really good. I have them on two bikes. They work better at conducting heat on my other bike with a steel bar but are still plenty warm on the Africa Twin. They aren't that hard to put on yourself if you have the time and you can save some money on the install.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts