Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I test ride a used low milage 2016 DCT a few days ago. Loved the bike.

I was struck by the fact that there were no vibrations felt through the handlebars, but I could feel some vibrations (tingling) through the footpegs. Nothing really annoying, but enough to notice it, especially because there are almost none elsewhere.

Feel the same on your AT?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Yup, I definitely feel more vibrations in the footpegs than in the handlebars. I haven't had any discomfort as of yet, though. I'm going on a long weekend trip next week so I'll get a better feeling for the ergonomics on longer rides.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
797 Posts
Can't say I've really noticed. I'm guessing there may wel be, and I've done 6.6k miles on mine so far, but I honestly haven't noticed as yet. Maybe I will now....>:)

·
Registered
125 Posts
What he said..

Can't say I've really noticed. I'm guessing there may wel be, and I've done 6.6k miles on mine so far, but I honestly haven't noticed as yet. Maybe I will now....>:)
I have Pivot Pegs and I have not noticed anything either.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Footwear can make a difference - boots with a substantial sole. There's a bit of vibration through the footpegs but nothing that would give numbness or be bothersome.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I went on a long ride today and paid closer attention to the vibrations. It seems to be more pronounced on the right and negligible on the left. However, it's still not enough to cause any discomfort or nerve issues. The only reason I even notice it at all is because my last bike was ludicrously vibration-free (NC700X)

·
Registered
105 Posts
I don’t notice any vibration and like Ti04 I currently have mark 3 pivot pegz. Unlike standard foot pegs they do not have the rubber to absorb any vibration, so if there was any it would be more pronounced.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts