Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
CRF1100 DCT
474 Posts
My chain was very slack when I first checked it, probably after a hundred or so miles so I think it must have been that way from the start, tightening made a slight difference but not much.
Don't get me wrong though, I love the AT and the DCT and wouldn't want to change them, just feel it is not quite right.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My chain was very slack when I first checked it, probably after a hundred or so miles so I think it must have been that way from the start, tightening made a slight difference but not much.
Don't get me wrong though, I love the AT and the DCT and wouldn't want to change them, just feel it is not quite right.
I could see it being an issue if it’s not being smooth at slow speeds, any surging or sudden input would make for less than fun times in a u-turn or taking off smoothly.

Hopefully Honda makes whatever they did with the software in the 2022 DCT’s available for the 2020-2021 model years as well. Seems a no brainer to do that and make owners happy. We live in a world of constantly evolving software and updates so seems like it should be no different for bikes with all the onboard computers.

I’m with you on love of the DCT. I can’t see going back to a regular manual at this point. And I’m someone with a Mazda MX-5 just for the manual. I find the DCT equally fun to use and quicker than a torque converter type automatic by a long shot.

The downshift auto-blips never get old.

·
Premium Member
2019 Africa Twin (CRF1000 DCT)
480 Posts
It can be little troublesome when the bike have been in the sheet a couple of month in winter at the firs start but if you first warm up the AT it will work all right, if not the low gear clutch will slip un-normal when cold because all the oil have run down to the bottom sump of the engine before oil pressure are build up and everything are well lubricated.
Actually many race their bikes before the bike are @ working temperature 🤢

·
Registered
2019 ATAS DCT
389 Posts
^ I did my first dct reset at 7500 miles and that low gear slippage when cold was improved dramatically along with the other shifts.

Reactions: Svendus

·
Registered
ATAS 2020 DCT ES
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
^ I did my first dct reset at 7500 miles and that low gear slippage when cold was improved dramatically along with the other shifts.
Does the reset really helps, or is it just a mindduck... Would like to know what the reset actually does inside the magic DCT box.

·
Premium Member
2019 Africa Twin (CRF1000 DCT)
480 Posts
Does the reset really helps, or is it just a mindfuck... Would like to know what the reset actually does inside the magic DCT box.
try to Reset it

DCT Instructions - Honda

NOTE! IF YOU BIKE DISPLAYS A" L" IN THE GEAR CHANGE WINDOW THEN THIS STAND'S FOR "LOW TEMPERATURE”
YOU NEED TO GO OUT FOR A RIDE TO WARM IT UP! THEN TRY AGAIN. IF THE B/S DONOT GO OUT THEN YOU ARE
DOING SOMETHING WRONG BUT THE BIKE WILL STILL BE DRIVEABLE AND WILL GO OUT IN DUE COURSE.

THIS SHOULD WORK ON ALL DCT'S INCLUDING

1. Sit on the bike and start the engine.

2.With the bike in Neutral - switch off the engine-

3. With the igntion off , press and hold the "D" button.

4. Turn ignition key "on" But do not start the engine.

5. Wait till the yellow engine management light goes out and then let go the "D" button.

6. Then push in this order D DNDN.

7. "D" & "S" should now appear on the dash.

8. Start the engine but do not touch the throttle. After a short time ( but sometimes up to 4-5 minutes)
the D & $ will go out.

Your done - See how much smoother things are for you now! *

·
Premium Member
CRF1100 DCT
474 Posts
Does the reset really helps, or is it just a mindduck... Would like to know what the reset actually does inside the magic DCT box.
It made absolutely no difference to me but then again mine had under 1000 miles so it would really only have helped if it had not been set properly in the first instance. I had hoped it would help with the jolting.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts