Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How would you guys feel about starting a thread for tire life you saw out of your last set?? an off-road machine with 90HP absolutely CHEWS through knobbies! so maybe this will help people gauge budget versus quality for their tire choices! List the Position of the tire model and life!

For my last tire
Rear
Mitas E-07
4,500 hard miles!

Very happy with the on road performance! pretty good offroad but can't hill climb like the Shinko 805! Great compromise tire!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Dunlop OEM 5,300 miles front approximately 1,000 miles left on rear when I changed the pair.
Front worn out
Spirited riding only on tarmac, mainly dry as they were lethal in the wet.

replaced with Scorpion trail 2, 800miles so far, wet and dry, very happy.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Motoz Tractionator Adventure - 10,000 kms on the rear. Mainly dirt riding (70% at least) so would not expect as much on the tarmac. Due to change soon. Front still good.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I got about 5000 kms out of the TKC 80. The front is still fine but the rear is toast. I did a lot more high speed highway riding than I was planning so I was surprised it even lasted that long given how bad it had worn after about 3000 km.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Motoz Tractionator Adventure only tyre I will use in the bush.
Tuff as, no flats, slammed heaps of sharp rocks and stuff all loaded up.
Great cornering on seal roads even in the wet.
It certainly is a 10,000km tyre, the rear is a freak of a design.
Front does wear strange down the center knobs.
Don't get them if you ride just on sealed roads.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Rear MotoZ tractionator Adventure on my AT is Cactus at 5000km but it will do 5500 by the time it is changed I'm getting a MotoZ Tractionator Desert HT fitted Monday. Front is scalloped bad and will last this next rear tyre and if I'm happy with the desert I'll replace the front with the desert as well if not I'll probably get 2 new Adventures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts