Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what the correct tyre pressure is for a TKC70front on this AT tar riding? The tyre states 250Kpa/2.5bar @ 230kg which ishard. The Oem dunlops are only stated to be 200kpa/2bar.

·
Registered
492 Posts
The rating on the tire is the maximum that should ever be put in, not what you should run it at. Start with the factory settings (a sticker on the chain guard) and adjust from there, if you like.

·
Registered
325 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have run TKC70's for the last 6000 miles and I find the 2 bar value Honda gives for the front tyre rather small, in fact it is rather small irrespective of tyre for tarmac use. I tend to use 2.3 front / 2.5 rear when alone or with light luggage, the rear pressure is the one Honda also suggests.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Seat of the pants, regardless of what it says in a book, on a forum, on the chainguard or anywhere else, stick some air in, ride it, if it feels right then it probably is, if it doesn't then stick some more in or take some out.
Same as suspension, one setting doesn't suit all.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I have run TKC70's for the last 6000 miles and I find the 2 bar value Honda gives for the front tyre rather small, in fact it is rather small irrespective of tyre for tarmac use. I tend to use 2.3 front / 2.5 rear when alone or with light luggage, the rear pressure is the one Honda also suggests.
on ATAS , for AT still 2.0

1 - 10 of 10 Posts