Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
I tried both. Rode about 2 days with DCT demo bike of the dealer. Putted 800km's on it. Did some offroad as well (but not hardcore as it was the dealer's bike). I liked the DCT, it worked very well but still missed a normal clutch. So eventually decided to buy a manual AT. Rode about 4000km on the manual and really like it. As wel on and offroad. Don't miss the DCT but I must admit it is nice new technology!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Lemme get this straight... Your dealer let you take a bike out for TWO DAYS?! And you put 800km on it?! That is unheard of here.

I'm very interested in this thread as I won't be able to take either model for a test ride before purchasing one. The closest dealer that allows test rides is well over an hour away and the one they'll be getting is already spoken for.
Dealer is quite a good friend and bought several bikes from him. In fact it were 2 seperate days. But indeed I putted 800km on it. I find it quite important that you testride a bike properly before you buy it.

Last remark from my side: the weigth and simplicity also made me chose for the manual transmission. The clutch is very light and gearbox 10 times smoother that all my previous Beemers!

They're both good bikes!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.