Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Fuel used report :smile2:

Cost per litre £1.029

Distance covered 192.8 miles

Fuel used 13.53 litre

MPG =64.78

Today was a good mix of riding two up on Cornish A roads, from being stuck behind bloody tractors to the occasional blast up to 80mph, plenty of twisty bits and steep hills, plus the compulsory coffee stop.So we should get similar to that on the Euro Tour, no motorways this year:smile2:

PS. Couldnt get a drop more juice in it, and the fuel gauge had one segment showing not flashing

·
Registered
460 Posts
Thanks - pretty impressive.

Out of interest what was the bike saying its consumption was running at? And is it a manual or DCT?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks - pretty impressive.

Out of interest what was the bike saying its consumption was running at? And is it a manual or DCT?
Its a manual box and it was showing 60.9 Avg mpg on the dash, I am pleased enough with that, I have now only to load the luggage so we should get 60 mpg
prob more on a run..:smile2:

Loading so far two up is me @90kg & TW @ 70kg all up...

Rear Preload 20 clicks in from Zero.

Front Preload 7 Turns in from full soft.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Thanks again - useful info. Are your weights fully-togged-up or SBN (and whatever the female equivalent of that is!)? Just wondering as might need the same settings for me and the other half...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks again - useful info. Are your weights fully-togged-up or SBN (and whatever the female equivalent of that is!)? Just wondering as might need the same settings for me and the other half...
weights are Fully togged up...

·
Registered
26 Posts
51.4 MPG but still in break in period and doing light traffic and some highway, not loaded, just me and the bike and a small camera bag.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Drago your math is off by 10mpg
192.8 miles / 3.57gallons = 54mpg
Still good but my bike on daily 45 mile commute has ranged from 38mpg to one 50mpg trip and my general average over 3500 miles has been 44mpg. 10% Ethanol gas sucks!! 50mpg achieved with non ethanol gas but its only available at select gas stations so I rarely get to use it. Gov wants better mileage then feeds our cars and motos this junk!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Drago your math is off by 10mpg
192.8 miles / 3.57gallons = 54mpg
Still good but my bike on daily 45 mile commute has ranged from 38mpg to one 50mpg trip and my general average over 3500 miles has been 44mpg. 10% Ethanol gas sucks!! 50mpg achieved with non ethanol gas but its only available at select gas stations so I rarely get to use it. Gov wants better mileage then feeds our cars and motos this junk!!
Squid - Drago's math is fine. Don't forget that a British gallon is 4.55 liters, so he used just under 3 British gallons to go 192 miles, so 64 mpg is correct.

A US gallon is only 3.8 liters, so British mpg figures will be around 20% higher than US mpg numbers

·
Registered
158 Posts
Just done a quick calculation on to-day's ride up and down the N W Coast, 65 mpg, that's UK gallons, very good considering the terrain.

M

·
Registered
27 Posts
Of interest. Although I haven't done a proper test ie litres in vKs. I get the impression that the AT is not much more fuel efficient than my ST1300 that I traded in on this bike. It was heavier by almost 60kg but I could do almost 600ks on 27L of fuel. Still the weight was getting to me on the ST which is one of many reasons I went for the AT 340Ks with the AT on 17L of fuel

·
Registered
24 Posts
A mixture of highway 140-160km/h.. Inner city stuff and 200km offroad during the first 1000km had seen 5,5litres per 100 km.. Or there abouts.. I don't really hang around.. The offroad included topbox and saddlebags as I was a weekend away.. She is a supermodel..not a convent girl.. Enjoy her.. Lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts