Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

201 - 220 of 226 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Well left QC today in the morning; it was 100 F (38C), which actually felt pretty good, after the past few months of 118 to 120.

Headed up into the high country around Young, AZ. Actually found some cool air, down to 63 F (17C).

Also found a dive restaurant, the Pleasing Pallete, that is worth a stop, if you are on the AZ 288 up through Young. Excellent burger, pie, and homemade ice cream. Will definitely stop there again.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Well left QC today in the morning; it was 100 F (38C), which actually felt pretty good, after the past few months of 118 to 120.

Headed up into the high country around Young, AZ. Actually found some cool air, down to 63 F (17C).

Also found a dive restaurant, the Pleasing Pallete, that is worth a stop, if you are on the AZ 288 up through Young. Excellent burger, pie, and homemade ice cream. Will definitely stop there again.
Geez Louise that’s warm! That would still be considered an absolute scorcher here! Lol Nonetheless I’m glad you got a chance to get out and spin them wheels!

High temp on our ride today was 31C/86F, low was about 12C/55.5F first thing yesterday morning,There were 5 of us today...my ATAS, a wee-strom & 3 1250GS’s.

·
Super Moderator
3,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #204
Fail - for Not Kneeling before Nikola Tesla🤣 Just Kidding
View attachment 57448
Yeah, ol' Nik' did a lot of his early installation engineering at Niagara Falls and ultimately powered the steel industry in Hamilton, Ontario. A brilliant electrical engineer and a sorry ending to his career. Nevertheless, his efforts live on in our daily lives and most don't realize it, including in the Africa Twin.

Weirdly, the city of Hamilton was once called North America's "City of Lights" for decades.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine.

Nikola Tesla

That is Slick
Well Sir, I'm no poet or theorist so, I suppose that Tesla quote means something, just not sure what.
Scott

·
Registered
7 Posts
Weather today.. hahaha.. brown.
yesterday.. brown
tomorrow.. well, brown.

fires are quite a ways from my house/work/beach but everything is.. brown.

Took the AT up through the hills, out to the coast this last weekend and had to wear masks inside the helmets so we could breath. First time I've ever taken a street ride and came home thinking I should clean the air filters. Gotta love So. California.

·
Super Moderator
3,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #214
The west coast smoke reached the Toronto, Ontario and upstate New York region today.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Weather today.. hahaha.. brown.
yesterday.. brown
tomorrow.. well, brown.

fires are quite a ways from my house/work/beach but everything is.. brown.

Took the AT up through the hills, out to the coast this last weekend and had to wear masks inside the helmets so we could breath. First time I've ever taken a street ride and came home thinking I should clean the air filters. Gotta love So. California.
Yeah we've been choking on it for nearly a week now too. Wore a mask all day on Saturday for a 500+km ride...temps were reasonable thankfully, had to do a lot of shield down riding otherwise my eyes would burn and get scratchy. Crappy way to end an otherwise decent summer.

·
Super Moderator
3,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #220
Hopefully nobody gets lung cancer closer to the source(s). There is more than just tree particulate. I heard the cloud reached Europe today.

201 - 220 of 226 Posts