Registered
379 Posts
That doesn't sound much fun...

It was sunny, relatively calm and ~57°f here this afternoon 🙂

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hello from JAPAN
Shining above close to the crescent moon🌛 is Jupiter.
Saturn is also in the upper left corner of Jupiter, but my smartphone photo did not show it.
Can you see it?

Today's temperature rose to 23 ℃. It was the slowest summer day in recorded history.

·
Super Moderator
4,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #304
Hello from JAPAN
Shining above close to the crescent moon🌛 is Jupiter.
Saturn is also in the upper left corner of Jupiter, but my smartphone photo did not show it.
Can you see it?

Today's temperature rose to 23 ℃. It was the slowest summer day in recorded history.

View attachment 58683
Wonderful unique capture.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Well Indeliblerider,
I gotta hand to ya, AND the CEO, you both have a lot more desire to ride, then I do. I love riding but, I'm not willing to head out in Rain. If I or we, get caught up in it, well, that's not the end of the world. But, we or I, don't ride if it's in the forecast.

A buddy (the same one as on the Oatman run I posted) went out for a breakfast ride this morning. We both knew it was gonna be a bit on the cool side for the ride so, Levis, hiking boots, long socks, long sleeved shirts, for me, a Carhart style jacket and of course, some leather gloves. Well, the temp when we rolled out of my driveway was around 51 degrees. As the ride progressed, and, we'd dipped down in altitude in various places, it went down to around 47 or so.

We stopped by a new breakfast place to us in Parker AZ, the Crossroads" cafe and had breakfast. Very nice place, good food, good service, reasonable prices, NO FACE MASKS, etc. When we were done, we walked back out to the bikes and, it was a blistering 61 degrees. I rode across the street for some fuel. We headed back home and, all 40 miles or so, it was about 61 degrees. Neither one of us are used to *cold weather riding. If we even thought about doing more rides in this kind of temps, at least I would invest in warmer clothing. But, the limited amount of riding we'd do in these temps, really don't warrant the expense. I'll just put more on if we want to ride.
Scott

In the picture below, the only one I took during the ride, it is from a small boat ramp parking, at the southern tip of Lake Havasu, very close to Parker dam. In the sun, standing there, it's about 65 degrees at that time.
Wow you must have really been suffering at those temp’s! 😆

·
Super Moderator
4,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #308
This morning was a fair time to ride. The sun was trying to crack through to light up everything that is brown now. The air temperature was 6C and the wind brisk coming from the north west. The ol' Fly Ignitor Pro cable-free riding gloves set on medium made the 120 km loop comfortable, and the grumbling sound of the underlying Africa Twin thumpers was just melodic. It was sweet having the beast torque itself out of the valleys and through the rural curves. It is feelings like these that will help warm one through the pending winter punishment.

301 - 314 of 314 Posts