Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Where has your Africa Twin Taken you?

461 - 480 of 503 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Reactions: InedibleRider

·
Registered
193 Posts
After last weeks warm spell which melted 80% of our snow, but was a bit of a mud bath on the side roads (I didnt ride of course, cant get her dirty you know). We are now back to sub zero this weekend. - 12C last night, -20C tonight, day time highs of -5C to -10C with 50-70km/h winds = BRUTAL.

I just had to get up on my roof in all that wind and cold and re attach some aluminum facia that got ripped off in the wind. Not ideal conditions, but I had to do it before the metal got mangled up.

Roll on spring and warm weather please !!!! Ive had enough of this

·
Administrator
3,189 Posts
Well, some of the neighbors are snow mobiling down the street.

Maybe I need a snow bike conversion kit for my 690 :)

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
649 Posts
For already mid-March in Vancouver, BC ... is that all you have to show for @InedibleRider? That is embarrassing. (thict-sss :whistle: )

Even Ontario has the tips of flowers popping up everywhere in the unattended gardens of frozen southern Ontario.
Hah, that was just a teaser. I could really rub it in, but considering what some of our fellow members are suffering through, that would just be cruel ;)

·
Super Moderator
6,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #469 ·
Hah, that was just a teaser. I could really rub it in, but considering what some of our fellow members are suffering through, that would just be cruel ;)
Rye-t. Just no sandals up on the saddle with a pint in one hand while wearing shorts and worshipping the sun (actually the latter might be interesting in Vancouver). :)

·
Registered
2020 Africa Twin Adventure Sport DCT
188 Posts
My snow tires came off a couple of weeks ago. A right of passage into spring.

@InedibleRider and @DoubleThumper, the flower situation will be helped by the monsoon I rode home in yesterday... and the ongoing rain today.

My poor motorcycle was on the street getting rained on yesterday. For the first time, anyway. :)

·
Registered
649 Posts
My snow tires came off a couple of weeks ago. A right of passage into spring.

@InedibleRider and @DoubleThumper, the flower situation will be helped by the monsoon I rode home in yesterday... and the ongoing rain today.

My poor motorcycle was on the street getting rained on yesterday. For the first time, anyway. :)
I tossed insurance on the AT yesterday, but am holding off until this rain passes. They spent two weeks brining the living hell out of the roads for no reason. Don't want all the salty spray getting deep inside the bike.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Speaking of "Snow",
We're on the end of a trip from our home in Lake Havasu City AZ to Moab UT. We spent a week in Moab Jeeping all over the place. It's such a great spot for all kinds of activities. But, as many of you know, it's popularity has grown phenomenally in the last 15-20 years. We left a little less than a week ago and, it was already seeing heavy traffic. Anyway, we're presently in Williams AZ as we wind down our trip. And this is what we woke up to this morning. I don't have the A/T with us this time, just my little Yamaha TW200. Even it was cold this morning.
Scott

IMG_4755.JPG
IMG_4756.JPG

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #475 ·
Crazy. We don't even have a single sign of snow waaaay up here in southern Ontario, Canada.

·
Administrator
3,189 Posts
Snowing again here. We have had a little snow I think 4 of the past 5 days. Just kind of on an off at the moment, with another 3-4" overnight. That a lot better than the 24" we got last week :)

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #477 ·
Rode out to pick-up and bring home some Greek this evening. 3/4 helmet and no extra pants layer required. This is a good trend (so far).

·
Administrator
3,189 Posts
I took the 690 Enduro out for a spin today and it was warm and windy in Colorado. The high was about 70F, with wind gusts up to 40mph. It makes for an entertaining ride on a small bike. Most entertaining for the car behind me I am guessing, watching me get blown around. Did a fun 100-mile jaunt to burn off some old fuel and put some fresh fuel in :)

461 - 480 of 503 Posts