Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

161 - 180 of 382 Posts

·
Administrator
2,133 Posts
Actually Mount Evan s is the highest paved road in CO at 14130ft. Back when my CBR was carbureted you had to keep the r's up in the switchbacks or stall.
You are correct. I meant to say Highest through road, with Cottonwood Pass being #2.

As you state, Mount Evans IS the highest paved road at 14,130ft. Mt. Bross highest overall.

My 2011 Triumph Tiger XC would stall on Mt. Evans (and Trailridge for that matter) of you didn't keep the rpm's up and it was fuel injected :(

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
4,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #163
(+1) Got up to about 42C /w humidity (or about 108F) here in So-ON. The breeze came and went, so it helped maybe sometimes, but most of the time it felt like a sauna.

·
Premium Member
2019 Africa Twin (CRF1000 DCT)
155 Posts
We have our Monday meetings on different locations here 🇸🇪 And i am the only one having an AT
Some off the Veteran club members sadly turn their back on a DCT motorcycle what ever wether it is 🤢

·
Super Moderator
4,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
Not nice, snobby, wasted social energy. One shouldn't bother toiling with those opinions.

·
Registered
57 Posts
It has rained every day this week in SW Missouri--64836. When it clears for a few hours, it becomes VERY humid with temps around 90+ degrees, with Flash Flood warnings all over the Ozark area! Maybe an ATAS Jetski would have been better! :)

Sam:)

·
Super Moderator
2,413 Posts
It has rained every day this week in SW Missouri--64836. When it clears for a few hours, it becomes VERY humid with temps around 90+ degrees, with Flash Flood warnings all over the Ozark area! Maybe an ATAS Jetski would have been better! :)

Sam:)
Come out of work to this the other day..

Reactions: CRracer712

·
Registered
563 Posts
Come out of work to this the other day..
View attachment 56533
Ok, who was it? Who drained their blow up pool in the the parking lot where Dragons A/T was parked? Come on, cough it up!
Scott
Humidity a bit high?
Beowulf,
I see your 117 degrees and raise you, SIX !!!!! Yep, just got back from Lowes and it was/is 123 degrees on the way home, according to the Jeep's temp display.
Scott

Reactions: AT-Dragon

·
Registered
7 Posts
I see the weather in Canada is pretty calm. My house is even cool, or I can even say that my house is cold. I remember a year ago my house was unbearably hot. I then decided to turn on the air conditioner to cool the house. But apparently because of such a sharp change in temperature, my air conditioner failed and stopped working. Then I was in a panic urgently began to search for some repair of air conditioners and after a short search I found a good aircon servicing. During the day, everything was done for me and the next day I was lying on the couch at home in the aisle and it started to rain, so the house was cool and without air conditioning.

·
Administrator
2,133 Posts
We had temps on the mid to upper 90's, the last few days. Today a high of 36F and snowing, more of the same for tomorrow with a high of 41F.

Labor Day weekend is often referred to as the "unofficial end of summer." This year Colorado decided to make it official.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
391 Posts
Kansas is less dramatic😁 near 100 the last 3 days, the rest of this week is in the 70's. Looks like 80's next week.

I hope the 70's and 80's holds out the rest of the month cause I'm going on a little motorcycle camping trip the last week of September with my oldest son.

Which reminds me, I've got to call Arkansas parks an rec to see what my options are.

·
Administrator
2,133 Posts
Kansas is less dramatic😁 near 100 the last 3 days, the rest of this week is in the 70's. Looks like 80's next week.

I hope the 70's and 80's holds out the rest of the month cause I'm going on a little motorcycle camping trip the last week of September with my oldest son.

Which reminds me, I've got to call Arkansas parks an rec to see what my options are.
You never know what you will get in Arkansas either. Sara and I took a fall color ride there a few years back. Temps looked to be mid-70's the entire trip, so I only wore my mesh. Well of course that meant a mid-trip extreme weather change and we woke up to snow in Eureka Springs :)

·
Registered
118 Posts
In my part of the UK it has been perfect riding temp for me, 18-22°c, although we had a 3.3 magnitude earthquake this morning!

161 - 180 of 382 Posts