Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Removed the tool box today from my 2019 ATAS, just to see what access was like to the battery. When I put it back on the little latches on the bottom of the battery box wouldn't locate properly on the tool box. They would initially hold the tool box but when I fastened the two retaining bolts they just pinged open leaving a gap and exposing the battery compartment.
Just wondered if anyone else has had this issue and how they resolved it. The whole set up seems a bit crappy.
I intend to drill a whole into the toolbox from the rear and permanently attach some leads to the battery for a trickle charger/ booster.
Thanks for any thoughts.

·
Super Moderator
6,785 Posts
I just routed a connector (with inline fuse) from behind the 2019 tool box to just behind the frame/swing arm area to connect a battery charger. That is what I got now. I may change that up in the future. In the meantime, the compartment fits in the same and the cable is tucked away.

The compartment is generally pretty lame.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I intend doing the same but fitting a powersocket with a 15A fuse direct to the battery. and use this both for charging... As and when the lithium actually needs it. And for powering my tyre pump... Which is liable to blow the silly 2A fuse on the OEM powersocket. I had the same setup as standard on my 1100GS DIN/Hella type.

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
3,125 Posts
Removed the tool box today from my 2019 ATAS, just to see what access was like to the battery. When I put it back on the little latches on the bottom of the battery box wouldn't locate properly on the tool box. They would initially hold the tool box but when I fastened the two retaining bolts they just pinged open leaving a gap and exposing the battery compartment.
Just wondered if anyone else has had this issue and how they resolved it. The whole set up seems a bit crappy.
I intend to drill a whole into the toolbox from the rear and permanently attach some leads to the battery for a trickle charger/ booster.
Thanks for any thoughts.
Be VERY careful about a charger, for the most part, our bikes don’t need them. As long as you don’t have any aftermarket devices they will store for a while with no issues. Medium to long term. recommend unhook and or remove battery to a more temperature stable environment. Jump starting them is tricky too, in short, they are very particular about how much, fast, and often they receive voltage.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was thinking of using the lead more for a booster pack such as a Noco G20. I know there has been lots of discussions about them on here. Just don't want to be left stranded with a flat battery on a DCT bike.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts