Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a relatively inexpensive lockable tool box to put on the inside of my pannier mount. I have the Brooks Autosports panniers and mounts. SW-Motech and like have very expensive options and I've found the super cheap tubes on ebay... hoping to find something lockable and in between.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I like my Bumot 4L locking tool box, but it is designed to attach to the Bumot pannier rack. Possibly you could adapt it, but I don't think it would be a quick and easy thing to do. I suspect the only way to attach the Bumot tool box on other racks is to have some tabs welded onto the racks to bolt the tool box to.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, that is my concern... buying something and not being able to make it work. If I had exact dimensions or CAD, I could know for sure.

I like my Bumot 4L locking tool box, but it is designed to attach to the Bumot pannier rack. Possibly you could adapt it, but I don't think it would be a quick and easy thing to do. I suspect the only way to attach the Bumot tool box on other racks is to have some tabs welded onto the racks to bolt the tool box to.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have considered this option. I might work, and it gives me the option of adding a fuel/water tank later. It is however one of the more expensive options out there once you factor in the container and lockable mount.

Rotopak do a lockable tool box, some pannier frames come pre drilled ready to mount the rotopax mount. I tried tool a tube and it broke off after a month, wouldn't trust a tool tube with expensive tools.
https://www.adventuremoto.com.au/?kw=rotopax&pgnum=1&rf=kw

1 - 5 of 5 Posts