Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remembered someone talking about their included tool kit so tonight while I was checking pillion clearance with the stock panniers I decided to look at my tool kit. First off I thought the bolts heads were going to strip out before they came loose. They were seriously tight!
I think that may have been on purpose because once I got it open it was empty. NOTHING in it.

When you get a chance take a look in yours and let us know what you find. I can understand how it happens and I would much rather have the bike without the toolkit than have waited any longer.

I got mine May 23, silver DCT, but because of all the rain and a few out of town trips I only have about 250 miles on it. Tomorrow should be fair weather so I plan on putting on some miles. I will post what I have learned and give my humble observations on the AT. Still have not picked a name for her yet but maybe tomorrow.....??

Ride safe

·
Registered
41 Posts
Tool Kit - REALLY

All mine had was a fuse puller and a screwdriver with one end phillips head and the other end was slotted. Sad, my Honda snow blower had a bigger tool kit

·
Registered
101 Posts
Had a look in my tool kit last night , I was amazed how tight the screws retaining it were ! Inside, a couple of open ended scanners, a box spanner ( to adjust front suspension) a 19mm ring spanner that doesn't fit the wheel retaining nuts, fuse puller and the screwdriver.
More than you chaps have but not enough to get a wheel off......
Pretty poor !

·
Registered
56 Posts
Original in the first photo and the "SKY Tool Set" in the others. Packed is 25cm x 10cm but i'm still missing the 27 and 22 wrenches for the wheels. To complete the set I have also a first aid kit, fluorescent jacket and spray sealant for tires.

Suggestions to complete the set are welcome :)

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Right on Sky. Good on ya to augment the kit. Not sure were you will carry that vice in the 3rd picture!!>:)The original wrenches are exactly the same as my original Honda tool kit for the 1971 CB350. Some things never change.

·
Registered
329 Posts
It seems the Euros get a better deal than us again.

Mine had a little pouch with a screwdriver and fuse puller.

It came in one of the boxes on the crate and gets screwed in when the battery is installed...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8QhvRE3ZG8

·
Registered
121 Posts
It seems the Euros get a better deal than us again.

Mine had a little pouch with a screwdriver and fuse puller....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8QhvRE3ZG8
Not sure I would call it a better deal as the tool kit a piece of crap, it doesn't even fit in the compartment its meant to go in if you put it in the absolute junk plastic 'pouch' it comes with.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Right on Sky. Good on ya to augment the kit. Not sure were you will carry that vice in the 3rd picture!!>:)The original wrenches are exactly the same as my original Honda tool kit for the 1971 CB350. Some things never change.
The vice goes on the handlebar, i use it like a riser ahaha

BTW it has arrived the wrench for the axles nuts

Cruz Tools

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just checked and I got nothing. Go figure, my whole purchase process has been a headache. They had to redo paperwork 4 times, and to pay for parts over $1k on my cc they charged me 3% to use the machine. Thank goodness I like the **** bike.

·
Registered
59 Posts
As a US customer who got only the 5mm hex and screwdriver, I just ordered the Cruz SPEEDkit for Japanese bikes and the 14,22,27mm wrench for under $50 on Amazon.

·
Registered
72 Posts

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Saw Sky's post and my Honda accessory tool kit seems lacking now. :p

Fwiw all the tools listed by Honda do fit in the tool kit box with some finagling.

·
Registered
329 Posts
What about the huge hex key for the front axle?

·
Registered
2 Posts
tool kit. not

Hi,
My toolkit is the "optimistic" form; reversible screwdriver and a fuse puller; what else could you need. LOL Question I have, is there a 'set of tools' that will fit the standard tool box. has anyone tried to figure that out. Not a real adventure set, but a decent set of spanners, etc. Maybe even tire irons.

Just got my bike only has a few miles on it. when I road it off the lot it was soo different from my vstrom and other street bikes.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I fitted my own made up toolkit under rider seat and slid 3 tyre irons in groove under seat between rider and pillion seat.
Axle spanner in wolfman fender bag with spare tube just in case. Fender bag goes on topbox rack if no to box or in topbox if it's on.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Same problem with mine, not a thing in it and it was very difficult to get the two little bolts out I asked on another forum and was told nothing comes in it, but this one shows it does. Just my luck, I don't think the dealer took them since the bolts were so hard to get out the heads looked new, not like someone had messed with it, but mine was juts full of air as well. so no telling what happened to my tool kit either, I wondered why they would mention the tool kit in the owners manual if there was not one.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts