Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I managed to find a GT Moto tool tube on eBay and have fitted that to the Hepco and Becker pannier rails with 16mm P clamps. In hindsight 15mm would have been a tighter fit. The tool tube is sturdy and a good diameter to get shorter tools in. However it was not long enough for tyre levers. I sorted this by getting an extendable art tube for just over £6. It fits a treat above the main tool tube with reusable cable ties. That should keep the weight nice and low down on my planned tour to the Picos and mean I can take everything I need to change a tube if needed.

·
Registered
154 Posts
If you know a plumber or a builder, 500mm x 100mm PVC waste pipe, 1 end cap + 1 threaded access cap...total cost 1 beer. Rough it up, wipe it down with acetone, prime and spray matt black. Fits inside my Barrett pannier rack a treat. So good I'm in the process of making another with a rubber gasket at the access cap to carry potable water - should hold around 4 litres.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts