Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Took some figuring. I wanted something that will fit on the bike, or in the tool tube.
So that way I don't need to strap anything if I'm heading out. I commute with my AT, so can't have **** strapped to the bike, as some asshat will walk away with it

·
Registered
247 Posts
Question for everyone out there that have made and install tool tubes of PVC or ABS. I measured the available width interior on my left side Givi rack, and as close as I could tell using a 4" pipe would definitely interfere with the left side of the swing arm anywhere near bottoming of the suspension. Clear the tire, yes, but the swing-arm, no. How are you handling that?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Question for everyone out there that have made and install tool tubes of PVC or ABS. I measured the available width interior on my left side Givi rack, and as close as I could tell using a 4" pipe would definitely interfere with the left side of the swing arm anywhere near bottoming of the suspension. Clear the tire, yes, but the swing-arm, no. How are you handling that?
I have the SW racks, and a 4" white PVC pipe. No interference. But the rack may differ on clearance.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Greg the Pole
I like how you mounted the tube on the SW Motech rack. Have you posted your parts for making it work? I used metal pipe clamps but one broke and was lucky to not lose the tube with tools in. It looks like you fabricated the aluminum bracket that is bolted to the SW.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts