Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

· Premium Member
718 Posts
I only have basic tool kit so I carry one of these as well, (battery boost, fuel delivery, motorcycle towing etc included)
Font Rectangle News Number Screenshot

p.s. Xmas is coming get one of these to your loved ones or a ridding buddy friend ;)

· Super Moderator
10,783 Posts
I only have basic tool kit so I carry one of these as well, (battery boost, fuel delivery, motorcycle towing etc included)
View attachment 77095

p.s. Xmas is coming get one of these to your loved ones or a ridding buddy friend ;)
Is that CAA card paid up to date 2022 or 2023? Number could be useful.

· Registered
2023 Africa Twin 1100 manual (on backorder)
150 Posts
View attachment 77095

I have one of those too with Europe wide coverage, they do however refuse to pick me up at the places I go; they only cover roads.
Rectangle Font Brand Paper product Logo

Rectangle Font Parallel Electric blue Logo

Reactions: Dado

· Registered
256 Posts
For my 2017 I don't find the tool kit nor the tool box useless. I have the factory tool kit (wrenches, screw driver, fuse puller, etc.) in the OEM box to which I have added a 1/4" ratchet and 8mm, 10mm, 12mm, 13mm (fits my Camel ADV Camel Brace) and 14mm sockets, as well as 4mm, 5mm, 6mm, 8mm and 10mm hex bit sockets, a 3" extension and a 1/4"-drive to 3/8"-drive adapter. These stay on the bike always and will allow me to make basic repairs and adjustments (for example, hand and foot controls), and I can even perform an oil change. Not a complete kit I'd take on a BDR ride, but far from useless.

· Registered
911 Posts
That tool box went in the box full of original parts on day one. Too small, hard to open, and I couldn't get the right side screw back in. Easier to access battery without it. Tools now in giant loop front bag on crashbars. Matching bag on other side full of liquor in case I drop and can't find bolts.
Now you have to make sure which side it naps on. It would be a real shame to break the bottles.

· Registered
899 Posts
Those tools are worthless. Assemble a real kit and put it in one of your bags. Any supplied kit I got in the last 30 years was woefully insufficient. That little compartment is worthless as well.
This is my full British Made toolkit which fits into the AT toolbox with plenty of room to spare. It doesn't fit Jack shxt on the bike but if I break down near anybody with a Meccano Set I can help out.
Ruler Office ruler Wood Rectangle Font

21 - 30 of 30 Posts