Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The best way to solve all these problems is to just ride by yourself, old numero uno. But no man is an island, and group rides are their own special kind of fun. At MO, we definitely do our fair share of group rides. Here’s what we’ve learned about the things most likely to go wrong, and what you can do to ward them off ahead of time.
Read more about the Top 10 Things That Go Wrong On Group Rides at Motorcycle.com.

·
Registered
118 Posts
One thing that will go wrong for sure is to transform a group ride into a race.
Sooner or later some one is going to get hurt. That is a fact!!
How to avoid this to happen?
You got to have rules and make every member of the group respect them, other wise will be kicked out of the group.
Is that simple.
My two cents!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'd say there's always a potential problem with communication. I've personally never used electronic comms while riding, but have been on rides where they are used effectively. The other option is non-verbal comms. I've been confused by some hand signals in the past, but somehow seem to have avoided major mishaps. I think that having a ride leader helps most. I just follow the guy in front of me.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Chain. Always check your chain before any trip and if there is a problem with it, don't change it, replace ir. There is not much ti think about!!!!! Just di it!!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
One group I do rides with has everybody ride the same route but everybody does it at their own pace. The fast guys ride with the fast guys, semi-fast and so on. We all stop for lunch plus everybody stops for gas, bathroom etc.. You can hang with the racers for a bit and drop out whenever. It works good for us.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts