Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for a new top box and was looking for your thoughts on which make/model you think is best and also your view on the oem box. Include pics if you have one installed please. Thanks

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi, I bought the Holan top box. It's the cheaper end of boxes. I already had a Rugged roads luggage rack. Had to drill the box and use my own fittings to secure it as none are supplied. No quick release mech, but I don't know how secure they are when trail riding. I used stainless steel bolts and wing nuts to secure. Fits in 5 minutes.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Snasty is that your everyday box? You definitely won't be stuck for space ?. Has anyone tried a soft option? Just trying to get as many different ideas as I can. Mike that trip looks awsome.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Snasty is that your everyday box? You definitely won't be stuck for space ?
It is, sort of. I didn't fit it, the former owner was a photographer and I assume wanted space and decent foam lining, waterproofing etc. It comes off easy but I have got used to having that capacity. It's nice to throw the helmet and boots in at the other end.

I haven't however quite got used to looking in my mirrors and thinking some sod in a silver car is right up my chutney...!

·
Registered
884 Posts
Givi Trekker 52 litre has plenty of room for stuff and will hold two helmets.

Reactions: james.mc

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hepco & Becker for me, happy with the factory panniers but the top box was rubbish and ridiculously expensive.....

Attachments

·
Registered
208 Posts
End of the road on the top pic I assume ?

Unless You were extremely well prepared with a shovel ?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi Ian

The right pannier is smaller because the exhaust sticks out on that side, when measured from the tail light both panniers stick out by the same amount.
The bike is very stable with the panniers on, I've ridden at over 100 mph fully loaded and you quickly forget that they are there, that did catch me out once when I got home and clipped the side of my house pulling onto the drive...

Mike

1 - 15 of 15 Posts