Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would welcome suggestions for reasonably priced but well calibrated torque wrench(es) for the AT.

What NM range is best?

Thanks everyone.

Stormy

·
Registered
170 Posts
Well of course since we are not required to post our location I have no idea where you are but here in the states I would recommend you stay away from HF. I recommend for good quality and a fair price go with Craftsman by Sears. If your not in the states I would have no idea.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for info. but I am from, Isle of Skye, Scotland, UK - hopefully that extra info will inspire somebody else with a response.

·
Registered
12 Posts
You are best to go for a 1/4" wrench with range 1-20Nm. THis will cover most detailed work and should come in at around £80-£100 for a good one. Don't skimp here as a poor quality one may cost you in stripped threads! I also have a halfords 3/8" wrench to medium torques (20Nm-60Nm) which is very accurate.

Spanish

·
Registered
56 Posts
You should buy two ( one that covers all the range it can't be so accurate...), Beta brand these are the codes:

Beta 606/6 and 606/20

They are pricey but it's the best solution ;)

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have an old Snap On that I bought new years ago and it still functions perfectly. It range starts at 15 ft lbs and goes well above 75. I would never use a torque wrench on smaller bolts and by now have a good feel for tightening them. I believe a good make is advisable as the consequences of going low cost can be disastrous.

·
Registered
208 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
I don't know if Honda publishes the torque setting as a number plus a turn amount e.g. 20 plus quarter turn but if they do this is likely to give a more consistent tightening. Wrenches tend to need to be checked and properly calibrated for critical work.

The setting plus turn amount is favoured now by many manufacturers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts