Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

Tourarech Dri Rider comfort seat.

6K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Dibbs 
#1 ·
Evening, has anybody tried the Touratech Dri Rider comfort seat on their AT yet. Going to nip down to Adventure Bike Shop in Suffolk tomorrow as they said it would be possible to put one on my bike to have a sit on without first having to purchase, nice touch by the seller who informed me they had already sold seven and all purchasers said it was a great improvement over the standard item.

Pete.

#4 ·
Can’t recommend Sargent enough....had one on my 12GS and now on the AT. I sat on the TT seat at a show and wasn’t that impressed. A firmer seat is better over distance, and the Sargent certainly is firmer, but the TT seat felt like a breeze block and ultimately it came down to previous experience and satisfaction.

Attachments

#5 ·
Rode home with it fitted on the bike with the original bungeed onto the back, first impressions are that it's a lot firmer than the original but seemed a better fit for my arris.
Wore jeans on purpose to see what the comfort would be like, not overly comfortable to start with but no less comfortable after 150 mile meander home, hope it breaks in a little and becomes all day comfy.
Failing that it will go up for sale and a Sargent will be tried.
Determined to make this bike user friendly for all day riding.
Pivot Pegz and Rox risers should take care of the ergonomics for now.

Pete.

#6 ·
Update on the new seat, did around 150 miles today on Fenland roads, mostly unclassified.
For those that have never ridden in this area, the roads are atrocious, akin to motocross whoops dressed in tarmac, a proper test for the seat and a chance to really squeeze the seat and break it in a bit. The seat and suspension take a real pounding here and out of the seat many times today. Would normally stand on most of these roads but other than going offroad and remaining seated I couldn't think of a more suitable place to put the seat through it's paces and hasten the break in.
All seemed good when I got home so pretty pleased with my purchase.

Pete.

#9 ·
Hi Skimmer
I'm saving for one of these seats! and watching with interest to see how you recommend it. My mate has the sargent seat, and I've tried it out its very good but doesn't seem as deep as the TT one, and I'm not sure about all day comfort with it! like you I seem to have a bony arris that needs a lot of padding lol...

Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.