Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Touratech, one of the most trusted names in the game has just announced their 2016 product plans for the new CRF1000L Africa Twin.

"Although the Africa Twin is new to the U.S. market, Touratech has been making parts and accessories for its predecessors for decades," Touratech said. "This history has enabled the industry leader in adventure motorcycle travel to waste little time developing a selection of upgrades ready to help the new bike from Big Red take on the world."

• Zega Pro and Zega Mundo pannier systems in 31-, 38- and 45-liter sizes
  • Zega Pro top case system in 25- and 38-liter sizes
  • Expandable tank bag
  • Aluminum luggage rack for securing a dry bag with straps
  • Touratech suspension
  • GPS mounting adapter
  • "Works" long distance foot pegs
  • Handlebar risers
  • Stainless steel engine crash bars
  • Fairing crash bars
  • Large side-stand foot
  • Hand guards
  • Auxiliary lights
  • Headlight guard
  • Expedition skid plate
  • DriRide breathable seats
  • Low and high touring seats
Final details will be available when the new Africa Twin accessories appear in their 2016 catalog, due out in January.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I'm most interested in the bags and luggage rack, plan on taking the Nine T on some long enough rides and will need that level of capability. Can't wait to these and more in detail.

·
Registered
460 Posts
whats wrong with GS's?
Absolutely nothing as far as I'm concerned - I very nearly bought one instead of the AT.

My point was it (BMW GS) is a huge market whereas the AT one is a bit smaller at the moment. European Springtime is probably their biggest demand period so maybe they prioritise the GS stuff.

Plus I think there was a case of one of their engine bars messing up a DCT unit so maybe they are having a rethink generally.

·
Registered
36 Posts
This thread started last year, yet you still can't buy the stuff !!!

TT are not the only suppliers that make bits for the AT

·
Registered
42 Posts
Off course, you can buy (I mean pro-order and pay) but you will get the stuff within a few weeks ;-)
I cancelled my orders because TT could not even give me a probale delivery date. Not in days, not in weeks and even in months. They just don't know.
They had many ill workers, one of the 3 machines was broken and they are moving their factory to the other side of the street was the explanation.
I left one order, the pannier rack, because I have the panniers on my other bike. Ordered about mid februari... Still waiting.
The fact they would have a contract with Ducati and Honda for delivery of OEM parts is not giving me hope they will soon be delivering what you order now...
Just my 2 cents...

·
Registered
72 Posts
I cancelled my orders because TT could not even give me a probale delivery date. Not in days, not in weeks and even in months. They just don't know.
They had many ill workers, one of the 3 machines was broken and they are moving their factory to the other side of the street was the explanation.
I left one order, the pannier rack, because I have the panniers on my other bike. Ordered about mid februari... Still waiting.
The fact they would have a contract with Ducati and Honda for delivery of OEM parts is not giving me hope they will soon be delivering what you order now...
Just my 2 cents...
yep piss poor! they will take £k off you up front and no idea when its available?should at least charge your card only when the goods are ready for dispatch.:frown2:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts