Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone information about the first delivery date?
I've ordered crash bars and headlight about a month ago.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have also placed an order with them (foot pegs, side stand extender and rear brake fluid reservoir guard) about 6 weeks ago and so far no news of delivery :frown2:

·
Registered
7 Posts
New Zealand Touratech site shows all AT specific products as ''Delivery 3 months''!

I don't know about other parts of the world but I wouldn't hold my breath...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Has anyone information about the first delivery date?
I've ordered crash bars and headlight about a month ago.
I want to spend well over a grand with them but every time I enquire about availability its always 4 to 6 weeks! I'm not paying up front and then waiting who knows how long, it could be months! I'm hoping to be off on a trip in May!
I will Look elsewhere I think..

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm waiting since 4 weeks. While Belgium is a neighbour of Germany...

·
Registered
48 Posts
I ordered crash bars and a GPS mount back in January when they announced, they initially told me all deliveries would be made by the second week of February, then pushed it back to 'guaranteed' 1st of March. The GPS mount was delivered then but no engine or faring bars. They're now telling me that I'm next in line for the bars but they have absolutely no potential dates for delivery.

·
Registered
123 Posts
...The GPS mount was delivered then but no engine or faring bars...
The GPS mount is not an AT specific, it is the same product that they are offering for the GS, hence the delivery. They clearly are not ready with the AT specific accessories :frown2:

·
Registered
72 Posts
The GPS mount is not an AT specific, it is the same product that they are offering for the GS, hence the delivery. They clearly are not ready with the AT specific accessories :frown2:
Yep and I see this morning even more new parts are listed, like the new shock @ £1448 but still listed as unavailable, no doubt if you add to basket and cough up ya might see it in a few months time!:smile2:

·
Registered
48 Posts
The bar it attaches to is CRF1000L specific and that was delivered with the mount.

·
Registered
48 Posts
What is specific about it ? Anything that fits on a 10 and 12 mm bar will be OK.
It replaces the bar above the instruments that's part of the screen but, looking at it, the bar that was already there would probably work, the original tube diameter is just smaller and it's painted (as opposed to anodised aluminium) so you might have to bite through the paint to get a solid mount. Still, almost £50 for a bar and a bracket is rather steep.

I've just ordered Honda OEM bars and will cancel my Touratech order as soon as they open. The Honda bars will arrive by Wednesday.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts