2020 Africa Twin Adventure Sport DCT
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reactions: PlanB

· Premium Member
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ive got my early bird ticket. Really looking forward to going.
Since you are based in Vancouver we might meet up and ride down together? I am going down with a buddy and we take the scenic non slab paved route. Leave early-ish, stop at a place I know just over the border for a great breakfast, and head to Plain from there. Not a hot wheels speed demon push, easy pace and enjoy a great twisty ride.

· Registered
2022 ATAS DTS ES
17 Posts
Sounds like a lot of fun. I’m definitely an easy pace guy and I like the route you’re heading down on.
Have you been before? Im curious about some of the riding classes. I think a couple different riding schools will be there including Jimmy Lewis.

· Premium Member
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have been before, this will be my fourth consecutive barring 2020 and 2021 due to C9VID and a closed border. I took a course with Brett Tcacks 2019 and it was good but I wasnt and was on a much less capable bike.

The instruction is really good. I have a friend that's done the Jimmy Lewis course in Moab (I think???) and says that his course was great.

We do some offroad rides while we are there. They have great beginner and intermediate trails but lots of the guys are about going hard core. Not my style though.

It's fun. I'll catch up with you before then for sure!

· Registered
125 Posts
I will be there too. On this trip I will be coming from California so I can meet up with you in Plains and potentially ride back to Van with you. Maybe even take some dirt on the way home...

We should devise a way of knowing who the Canadians are. I may just join some rides. I took an advanced ADV course last year and I want more seat time to soak in those skills.

· Premium Member
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We can arrange a meeting spot / time easy enough!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts