Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just a question for those that may have fitted the Touratech spotlight radiator mounts. I’ve got Denali D2’s and am interested in the way the touratech spots are fitted inside the fairing, using the radiator mounts to hang their brackets. Was thinking if the brackets are available on their own, I could mount the denali’s to it, that way they don’t have to be disconnected when either the oem crash/accessory bars and side panels are removed for servicing.

Any pics and info (does it cause the engine to run hotter?) would be very handy and appreciated for both myself and others interested in this solution. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
445 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
171 Posts
Ordered the AParts radiator spot light mounts, hope to get them soon, will let you know how they work out. Quite expensive, but I like the way they keep the lights tucked in.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Ordered the AParts radiator spot light mounts, hope to get them soon, will let you know how they work out. Quite expensive, but I like the way they keep the lights tucked in.
I think I'll order the same, yes lights are very well placed with this mount. As I don't have any lights, I'll go with the full kit (lights+mount+cabling) which is priced correctly (about €250). The mount alone is pretty expensive (about double the Denali's one!).

·
Registered
171 Posts
I think I'll order the same, yes lights are very well placed with this mount. As I don't have any lights, I'll go with the full kit (lights+mount+cabling) which is priced correctly (about €250). The mount alone is pretty expensive (about double the Denali's one!).
When I contacted them, they sent me a link with the light kit, but already have Denali D2’s, but it looks like a reasonable deal for the kit. The Italian website was a challenge, but got there in the end, just hope they are speedy with the delivery! :grin2:

The other thing I like about it, as their not attached to the ATAS crash/accessory bar, during servicing, hopefully they won’t need removing.

·
Registered
445 Posts
When I contacted them, they sent me a link with the light kit, but already have Denali D2’s, but it looks like a reasonable deal for the kit. The Italian website was a challenge, but got there in the end, just hope they are speedy with the delivery! :grin2:
Ahahahah.... I was thinking about the same configuration Denali D2's and Aparts's mount kit but then I saw the price for the Aparts's complete kit and I was "sold"... Yes I know I'm loosing dimmer capability and Denali's light quality, but in the end I'll use the aux lights just to let other see me better, so I think the Aparts lights will be fine. By the way, did you consider the Denali's specific lights mount for the Africa Twin? They looked pretty good to me and cheaper...

·
Registered
171 Posts
Ahahahah.... I was thinking about the same configuration Denali D2's and Aparts's mount kit but then I saw the price for the Aparts's complete kit and I was "sold"... Yes I know I'm loosing dimmer capability and Denali's light quality, but in the end I'll use the aux lights just to let other see me better, so I think the Aparts lights will be fine. By the way, did you consider the Denali's specific lights mount for the Africa Twin? They looked pretty good to me and cheaper...

Unfortunately the Denali light bar is not compatible with the OEM ATAS crash/accessory bars, either one or the other, not both. That’s why I went this route. RR’s were supposed to be making something, but hasn’t appeared, so went with these instead and to be honest, it’s s neater solution. :grin2:

·
Registered
445 Posts
Ah, yes. You can't use both (oem crash bars and Denali mount). I will not get the OEM crash bar so that would not be a problem for me.
Anyway I too believe Apart's solution is neater.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts