Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone has the Touratech tall windscreen, and could offer an opinion on how well it works compared to the stock screen? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
CRF1100L DCT
281 Posts
Difficult one with screens as it is so individual, personally I've never had much luck with anything from Touratech.

I've always had great results with MRA with all my bikes, they seem to just work for me.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update

So I purchased a tall windscreen from Touratech, and I love it! Sends the wind right to the very top of my helmet. No buffeting at all. I'm 6'0", and use the seat in the lowered position.

Attachments

·
Registered
329 Posts
Taller wind screens will cause the on coming wind to deflect at a higher spot of deflation
I found the stock screen totally awful. It jiggles my head side to side with a standard full face helmet. A very kind stranger made me an extension out of a chainsaw shield which made my long trip immeasurably better.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Touratech tall shield

After a few hundred freeway miles with the tall Touratech screen, I took it back. Worked with my road bike helmet, but if I used my ADV helmet with the visor, it was horrible. The buffetting got so bad I had to take it off for the ride home. On to find another solution....

·
Registered
797 Posts
I bought the TT medium screen. It was fine up to 60, then my Tour X peak started to vibrate the faster I went. I’ve chopped off the upright portion to see if that helps as I think TT haven’t quite got the design right and said upright portion causes bad turbulence to tumble off the screen at speed upsetting the airflow over my lid.

Attachments

·
Registered
119 Posts
The standard Honda screen with the Batzen Screen Riser works well.

I used an Arai XD4 and I have no vibrations of the visor. I use to before.

Combine with the SWEGOTECH forkshield, it is perfect. I'm 6 foot tall.

Cheers

·
Registered
797 Posts
Screen nirvana.....or as close to it as possible (for me) !!! :grin2:

The cut down TT medium (ex) rally style screen is now almost perfect while wearing a Tour X lid. Up to 80 is great, a slight tremor about 85 and fine after that. The tremor can be taken away by a very slight dip of the head, so in reality, I’m really happy that I cut the wind tunnel developed :rolleyes: upright portion off the screen. It makes it height-wise in between the short MRA sports screen and the oe screen the bike came with. Ive no intention of ever buying the taller screen available as I think they make the wind/buffeting problem worse.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I finally decided to get a Madstad windscreen, and I couldn't be happier. No buffeting, and so great! Hardly any wind on my forearms either. I got the 22" tall size, and dark gray color. I can raise my arm up and can't find where the wind is...it's WAY up there, and WAY over my head. I'm 6' tall, and have a long torso.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
This works great for me. Thought I'd give a taller screen a shot without the big bucks & I'm very happy with the results. I am 5' 8 wit 31 inseam, seat in low (have also requested a screen brace from Vlad now does vibrate in certain conditions).
Givi D1144ST Windscreen

Reactions: Peter Vred
1 - 13 of 13 Posts