Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Taller wind screens will cause the on coming wind to deflect at a higher spot of deflation
I found the stock screen totally awful. It jiggles my head side to side with a standard full face helmet. A very kind stranger made me an extension out of a chainsaw shield which made my long trip immeasurably better.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Touratech tall shield

After a few hundred freeway miles with the tall Touratech screen, I took it back. Worked with my road bike helmet, but if I used my ADV helmet with the visor, it was horrible. The buffetting got so bad I had to take it off for the ride home. On to find another solution....

·
Registered
800 Posts
I bought the TT medium screen. It was fine up to 60, then my Tour X peak started to vibrate the faster I went. I’ve chopped off the upright portion to see if that helps as I think TT haven’t quite got the design right and said upright portion causes bad turbulence to tumble off the screen at speed upsetting the airflow over my lid.

Attachments

·
Registered
800 Posts
Screen nirvana.....or as close to it as possible (for me) !!! :grin2:

The cut down TT medium (ex) rally style screen is now almost perfect while wearing a Tour X lid. Up to 80 is great, a slight tremor about 85 and fine after that. The tremor can be taken away by a very slight dip of the head, so in reality, I’m really happy that I cut the wind tunnel developed :rolleyes: upright portion off the screen. It makes it height-wise in between the short MRA sports screen and the oe screen the bike came with. Ive no intention of ever buying the taller screen available as I think they make the wind/buffeting problem worse.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I finally decided to get a Madstad windscreen, and I couldn't be happier. No buffeting, and so great! Hardly any wind on my forearms either. I got the 22" tall size, and dark gray color. I can raise my arm up and can't find where the wind is...it's WAY up there, and WAY over my head. I'm 6' tall, and have a long torso.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
This works great for me. Thought I'd give a taller screen a shot without the big bucks & I'm very happy with the results. I am 5' 8 wit 31 inseam, seat in low (have also requested a screen brace from Vlad now does vibrate in certain conditions).
Givi D1144ST Windscreen

Reactions: Peter Vred
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.