Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
I ordered a GPS mount and AT specific rack online. Arrived 48 hours later. What is it that's unavailable from stock?

·
Registered
460 Posts
Ah... I was going by anecdotal banter about crash bars etc. A lot of people were moaning about TT having got the bike first but being last to the party with the actual production bits.

Maybe things have improved. That'll teach me to check first!

·
Registered
61 Posts
I called a couple of weeks ago to buy the pannier racks and they said (laughing while they said it) - wait ten weeks and call back they might be in stock, or order now and then wait ten weeks!

I bought some Givi Trekker Outbacks the next day from the local distributer up here in Northumberland as a result.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Spoke with Touratech (UK) it seems like their HQ in Germany have prioritized the US with the UK only having what ever is spare, they had some headlight guards in yesterday, but are having all parts in very small numbers..

·
Registered
460 Posts
Spoke with Touratech (UK) it seems like their HQ in Germany have prioritized the US with the UK only having what ever is spare, they had some headlight guards in yesterday, but are having all parts in very small numbers..
If this is to do with the AT parts then it's deeply ironic. The US has all the bits and no bikes whereas Europe has all the bikes and no bits.

Someone at Touratech needs a serious talking to about product planning and/or logistics.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm still waiting for pannier racks which were ordered in january… they still have no idea when they will arrive………had crash bars on order but gave up on them , cancelled order and its took them 2 weeks for a refund???

·
Registered
53 Posts
Bike looks great. How did you find the tyres? Just fitted some tkc to mine this evening ....... lets just say it was interesting riding back home on the roads :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Bike looks great. How did you find the tyres? Just fitted some tkc to mine this evening ....... lets just say it was interesting riding back home on the roads :)
Ive ridden with tkc for a good few years on tour, just go with them they will not brake away underneath you, you can get the bike as far over as you dare, it's fine. Just relax, they do twitch as you ride roads that only the nobbles hitting a stone or rough section of road, you do get used to it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts