Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed the Touratech "Ultimate Protection Package" today on my 2021 ATAS. It was a complete pain in the ass. All the bolts are so hard to get to, especially when getting the torque. My advice is to use the center stand AND a small jack to lift the engine a bit so the bolt holes line up on the main engine mounts. I had 1-2mm offset when I first tried to get the brackets on but it helped line things up putting some upward pressure on the engine. Had to use long ball end allens to torque, which I think don't give accurate torque because they flex. Removed both skid plate sides to get it done. When it's all on the bike hand tight, it's good to align the upper bars in the center with even space on the upper bracket, then tighten everything down. I had it skewed right at first and it was all offcenter.

Hoping this helps anyone else interested in the packages.

Some pics:

Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Automotive design

Motorcycle Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting Tire
Automotive tire Metal Automotive exterior Personal protective equipment Fashion accessory
Motor vehicle Car Hood Vehicle Automotive design
Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Car Hood
Tire Automotive tire Bicycle tire Hood Motor vehicle
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Automotive design
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle
Motorcycle Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting Tire
Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle

Tire Automotive tire Bicycle tire Hood Motor vehicle

Motor vehicle Car Hood Vehicle Automotive design

Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Car Hood

Automotive tire Metal Automotive exterior Personal protective equipment Fashion accessory

·
Premium Member
2022 CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
1,984 Posts
Heed were a bit of a pain, AS3 Performance (Cross Pro ) were easy but Heed definitely offer more protection.

·
Registered
1998 Valkyrie, 2017 Africa Twin, 2002 Vulcan, 2007 KLR, 1970 550 Suzuki L
199 Posts
Nothing is easy on the Africa Twin. Maintness NIGHTMARE. Why does Honda sell this bike that can be dropped on the showroom floor that could break a fairing or bust a raditor? It took a lot of engineering !!! On the other hand maybe they wanted it this way so a buyer would have to spend serval more $$$ to support the dealars. But I will say it's a good bike once you get it rolling. Very smooth ride and handles great with astonishing preformance. Only drawback is it's too tall and top heavy.

Enjoy the Ride
Ruff Rider

1 - 7 of 7 Posts