Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally decided on Touratech crash bars but the uppers are on Worldwide back order and will not be available for at least 3 months. The lowers in Std and DCT and both colors (black and SS) are available for immediate shipping. Next time I wont take so long to decide.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Finally decided on Touratech crash bars but the uppers are on Worldwide back order and will not be available for at least 3 months. The lowers in Std and DCT and both colors (black and SS) are available for immediate shipping. Next time I wont take so long to decide.
Iv just been in contact with Touratech in Germany and they have told me I can't get my lower bars for maybe another 6-8 weeks. My UK supplier tell me the uppers will be in this week,I'm afraid Touratech have lost my business. I have just placed my order with a full set from Altrider when they arrive here in the UK at the end of this month beginning of next.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Have looked hepco becker tank and engine guard's
Yes I have looked at the Hepco&Becker tank and engine guard but have decided I'd rather go with the Altrider ones instead. Iv looked at that many different types I'm bored of looking now so I just going take my chance with the Altrider system when it lands here in England.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Wow! I went with the Touratech cause Altrider has a wait as well. I have a DCT model. I do have to say the Touratech finish (black) is pretty poor compared to the Altrider finish and even the OEM Triumph Tiger ones on the XCx.

Just installing them and barely bumping them with a wrench has them nicked. Gonna pull and paint them myself when the weather gets nicer..

·
Registered
101 Posts
Wow! I went with the Touratech cause Altrider has a wait as well. I have a DCT model. I do have to say the Touratech finish (black) is pretty poor compared to the Altrider finish and even the OEM Triumph Tiger ones on the XCx.

Just installing them and barely bumping them with a wrench has them nicked. Gonna pull and paint them myself when the weather gets nicer..
Iv been in contact with my UK supplier for Touratech who could not give me answer on the lowers but said the uppers would be in this week. I then contacted Touratech direct in Germany and they said 6-8 weeks on the lowers which is longer than I'd like to wait.
I spoke with Altrider via email last week and there planning on shipping the finished product in the next couple of weeks. My UK dealer for Altrider said they were expecting them at the end of this month but it's been pushed back again to the beginning of April.
My dealer has me on the list and will take payment once they have them,fingers crossed it won't take to long.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts