Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
I need a taller wind screen, also. I ordered the Honda tall screen because it is polycarbonate. In a crash polycarbonate it is a lot safer than a acrylic screen.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Have you thought about the Batzen adjustable screen mounts ( search Batzen) A brilliant idea that works, uses your standard screen too,

·
Registered
1 Posts
I mounted the short Touratech windscreen on my bike last week. It works perfect. I also wear the Hornet ADV helmet. I had a low rumbling noise on the helmet peak with the original screen. That’s gone now. The wind flow is now lowered to the chin area. I am 178cm tall.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Have tried 2 screens along with the factory screen. What really worked for me was Madstad screen and their adjustable brackets. Moves the screen couple inches forward, and in the process allows wind under it to lessen pressures. I also use the fork tunnel covers offered by an AT owner, and those reduced the tiny bit of buffeting that was left to very near zero. With Madstad screen/brackets, you can adjust the lean angle and you have 3 to 4 inches of up or down options also.

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm thinking of a shorter shield too.

Can anyone give me the height in inches or cms of the short Touratech, and whether you chose clear, tinted or black?

Another option is the MRA sport shield. Anyone tried that shield?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts