Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just received my new AT last week. Fantastic bike so far! I am going to take it to France for the weekend with the wife for some two up touring. I have just fitted Givi hard luggage and tank bag. So assuming i load the bike to the max allowed and i weigh 87kgs and my wife weighs 60kgs can anyone reccomend some suspension settings? I am going away next weekend so i dont really have time for trial and error. Some general ballpark settings would be helpful just to get me general right place.
Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Hi, just received my new AT last week. Fantastic bike so far! I am going to take it to France for the weekend with the wife for some two up touring. I have just fitted Givi hard luggage and tank bag. So assuming i load the bike to the max allowed and i weigh 87kgs and my wife weighs 60kgs can anyone reccomend some suspension settings? I am going away next weekend so i dont really have time for trial and error. Some general ballpark settings would be helpful just to get me general right place.
Any help appreciated.
If you really have no time just leave the compression and rebound damping, front and back, as is from the factory, wind up the rear preload clockwise (the black knob) at least an extra 20 clicks from the factory set 7. If you find the bike steers in too quick in a corner for your liking back off the prear preload one or two clicks, if you feel you would like it to steer in a little quicker because the bike feels a little stiff going round corners pull over and add one or two more clicks of rear preload, max is 35, plenty of people on this forum have used max preload.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok thanks for that. I'll give it a go. The bike does feel soft to me but i've moved over from a Fireblade. I'm assuming that given the nature of what the bike was designed for this is normal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts