Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone in the UK fitted a TPMS system that uses valve caps and reads out on the handlebar. I have looked on the major bike accessories websites and cant find any.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Have a look on Fleabay, there are heaps of options for cars but I found a few that are supposedly suitable for bikes, costs vary from around $55 Australian upwards including two valve caps. I don't use one so I can't vouch for how good they are.

I still run tubed tyres so check my pressures weekly but I can see the value in using one after doing an outex conversion.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I did a fair bit of research on TPMS, and the feedback from the Gamin TPMS was 50/50, some said they dont stay connected all the time, and had problems with accuracy. During my research i saw some TPMS that needed recharging, and some monitoring displays that needed to be hardwired, i didn't like the idea of this, and found a system which takes batteries that claim to last 6 months or so, which saves pissing around with batteries. This system also came recommended by some very good friends who have this set up on their BMW S1000R.

This is what i ended up getting, will install in a few days. They are going on Tubeless Alpina Rims.
These are available through a site in Australia. $130
https://www.digoptions.com.au/tpms-motor-cycle-bike-wireless-diy-tire-pressure-m

·
Registered
12 Posts
Have a look on Fleabay, there are heaps of options for cars but I found a few that are supposedly suitable for bikes, costs vary from around $55 Australian upwards including two valve caps. I don't use one so I can't vouch for how good they are.

I still run tubed tyres so check my pressures weekly but I can see the value in using one after doing an outex conversion.
I bought and use a cheapo ebay setup (approx. $60 from memory)... works great !
It's a bit fiddly when you need to adjust pressures, as you have to loosen a lock nut on each valve before removing the cap, but no biggie...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts