Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I notice that Ghostery shows anywhere from 60 to 90 tracking cookies when I am on this site.
Thankfully, Ghostery stops them from tracking. However, when I pause Ghostery to be able to see peoples pictures in posts, my computer slows to a crawl.
Can any computer savvy folks tell me why so many cookies are on here?
If they are a necessity to keep the site running, well, OK.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I notice that Ghostery shows anywhere from 60 to 90 tracking cookies when I am on this site.
Thankfully, Ghostery stops them from tracking. However, when I pause Ghostery to be able to see peoples pictures in posts, my computer slows to a crawl.
If they are a necessity to keep the site running, well, OK.
You may be the only one who's checked this.
I block cookies on all my devices and still see photos, (maybe my blocker isn't working well)

·
Registered
130 Posts
This forum - like many others - is driven by advertising.
I understand the necessity but when the advertising is so resource hungry that it has a noticeable effect on performance - well, that's when it has gone too far.

I use NoScript which lets me allow individual scripts so I can see, read or use the necessary site functions and block everything else. It takes a little doing to figure out which scripts to allow.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I used to be very proficient in this area. Can someone here who has a Mac tell me how I can manage this? I don't like to lose the millions of saves passwords I use for sites like this or the bank or whatever, so I rarely delete cookies or browsing history. I need a refresher course on this.

NC

1 - 4 of 4 Posts