Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Geez was just going over some footage and you can see exactly when the supposedly 0'd out TC flickers RIGHT before I drop. You can see me lower to dab through this as I saw the line was looser and deeper, shouldn't be a problem had just come through a long run of loose sand. I'm all up for rider error, as I'm new to riding in sand, so feel free to roast me, but it's really wild that setting TC to 0 doesn't actually do it and it's exactly when it kicks in I lose control of the bike. As my instructor urged, traction control while learning to ride in sand is in most cases the worst possible thing you could have on.

(Why is the cruise control light on? That day it kept engaging itself at random times)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Geez was just going over some footage and you can see exactly when the supposedly 0'd out TC flickers RIGHT before I drop. You can see me lower to dab through this as I saw the line was looser and deeper, shouldn't be a problem had just come through a long run of loose sand. I'm all up for rider error, as I'm new to riding in sand, so feel free to roast me, but it's really wild that setting TC to 0 doesn't actually do it and it's exactly when it kicks in I lose control of the bike. As my instructor urged, traction control while learning to ride in sand is in most cases the worst possible thing you could have on.

(Why is the cruise control light on? That day it kept engaging itself at random times)

Did you have the wheelie off as well?

21 - 22 of 22 Posts