Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help understanding the usages here.
I know what TC does. It’s pretty clear that on a enduro situation the sugestión would be to be off.
But what about in the street? And why lever 3 instead of 1?
Gravel road? Rain?

Why and how do do choose between 1,2 and 3?

·
Registered
379 Posts
IMO the default level 3 is hazardous, kicks in unnecessarily and very abruptly, especially when the road is wet. But mine will do it under hard acceleration even in the dry. I generally use level 1 in the rain and off on dry roads.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IMO the default level 3 is hazardous, kicks in unnecessarily and very abruptly, especially when the road is wet. But mine will do it under hard acceleration even in the dry. I generally use level 1 in the rain and off on dry roads.
What do you mean “it kicks in”?
And why would that be dangerous on a wet street?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Agree.

I would be perfectly happy to have no ABS or traction control; ever.

Maybe ABS on the front wheel but that is it. My brain and right wrist are traction control and years of dirt bike riding have given me ninja quick reflexes when it comes to brake induced lockup.

NC

abrupt changes in direction, stops and starts... really any high load movements will result in a loss of traction. its called traction control, but itll never replace a steady hand and smooth movements.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Agree.

I would be perfectly happy to have no ABS or traction control; ever.

Maybe ABS on the front wheel but that is it. My brain and right wrist are traction control and years of dirt bike riding have given me ninja quick reflexes when it comes to brake induced lockup.

NC
im certainly a believer in both TC and ABS but I race. TC has both made situations worse and better on different occasions at the track. Ill never rely on it or really use it on the street - you should never really be riding that hard to need a TC interruption, though sometimes **** happens. i encounter sandy mountain roads quite often. if i ride conservatively i dont have issues.
ABS on the other hand.. im a 100% believer for on-road ABS. Ive had emergency stops on non-abs and abs bikes and all day long id rather have ABS on that front wheel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts