Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my first new bike, a '17 AT. Love it so far, though it is snowy/icy for the next week, so not much riding for me.

For the life of me, I cannot remove the seat. I turn the key fully and yet the seat doesn't seem to want to un-latch. Is there a trick to it?

I'm willing to take the bike to the dealer, but I figured I'd ask all of you fine people if there is a trick to removing the seat.

Thanks as always!

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have to commiserate on the snow and ice as I am in the same boat. I haven’t even been able to pick up my new toy from the dealership.

I can’t help yet with your seat question until I get home. Good luck!

Bookem

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just picked up my first new bike, a '17 AT. Love it so far, though it is snowy/icy for the next week, so not much riding for me.

For the life of me, I cannot remove the seat. I turn the key fully and yet the seat doesn't seem to want to un-latch. Is there a trick to it?

I'm willing to take the bike to the dealer, but I figured I'd ask all of you fine people if there is a trick to removing the seat.

Thanks as always!
Try pulling up on the front of the seat (close to the full tank) when turning the key. That is what works for me...

·
Registered
284 Posts
Yeah... it is kind of weird. When you turn the key, it's like nothing happens--don't feel an unlatching or a sense that anything is happening. And yet the key springs right back to reset/ locked position.

So you have to hold the key in the open position and with your other hand, just lift the front of the seat up. Presto.

Gary

·
Registered
400 Posts
As everyone else has said really, turn the key keep it held and then get your fingers under the front of the seat and lift upwards in a hinge style. the catch is on the tank the lock under the seat.
good luck lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts