Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The dealers in the USA are telling me the low seat is only available in black or red and black. My bike has a black and blue seat. I have seen one listed in the UK as tricolor, WTH? can someone tell me how I can get the correct seat for my bike?

·
Registered
361 Posts
The dealers in the USA are telling me the low seat is only available in black or red and black. My bike has a black and blue seat. I have seen one listed in the UK as tricolor, WTH? can someone tell me how I can get the correct seat for my bike?
While it seems like Honda will likely make the low tricolor available at some point in the US, at the moment it isn't. I have spoken to two UK dealers who can get the seat and will ship to the US, but the cost of shipping is $100 or more, which might not make sense. I was interested in the low seat but have since decided I'm going to stick with the regular seat for a while longer and see how I feel. I'm 5'9" with a 30" inseam.

One other option, which I have not explored, would be to buy a regular black low seat and then have Seat Concepts or someone make you replacement cover that matches the blue/black of your stock seat.

·
Registered
103 Posts
The part number you want is - 08R01-MJP-G50ZA

Make sure you tell your local USA dealer this is the correct part number and they need to tell Honda of America to offer this seat for the tri-color HRC here in the states.

I've already told my dealer and they have an open email to the regional supplier in Los Angeles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts