Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the options out there for tires for the AT? Being TT, what are the options out there for 75% road, 25% offroad (or 50/50 etc)? My searching seems to find limited results as most i find out there are TL type?? Heidenau? Metzeler?

·
Registered
269 Posts
I was planning on running Mitas E07 rear and TKC80 on the front, in a bid to get about 8000 miles between tire changes. But those Michelins look interesting!

Wouldn't it be harder to remove/refit a tubeless tire though?

·
Registered
122 Posts
A couple of 50/50 tyres(tires) worth trying:

Metzeler Karoo 3
Mitas E-07
Heidenau K60 Scout

Another option but a 60/40 tyre is the Conti TKC70 but unfortunately they are very difficult to come by where I live otherwise I would try them too. The TKC 80's are the opposite to the 70's being a 40/60 biased tyre.

The above seem to be the top in reviews with regards to wear and grip(and price).

·
Registered
34 Posts
Wouldn't it be harder to remove/refit a tubeless tire though?
Yes, since a tubeless has to form a seal at the bead, it often can be harder to break the bead on a TL than on a TT. And sometimes it can be more effort to seat it properly, too.

Regarding tire choices, I keep bouncing between the Mitas E-07 and the Mefo Super Explorer. It's Monday, so today the Mefo is getting the nod... :grin2:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts