Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not using a tube at all.
Made my rim tube less with the Outex system.
Google it---------it works.
I have seen this how good it works as well how can you adjust spokes still was my ? .
videos looks like a simple install for sure.
how much have you used them & how much off road abuse?
thank you for your comment.

I still am wondering what tubes people are using vs stock.

·
Registered
197 Posts
okay it is a 150/70-18 I know that duh, but good luck finding anything but the factory tubes out there .
some say there the correct size but when they come in mail there 140/80-18
https://www.amazon.com/Pirelli-Inne...UTF8&qid=1473616356&sr=8-9&keywords=150+70+18

from what I can tell these should fit just wanting some more conformation before I blow $70 on 2 spare tubes.
thank you.
There isn't enough difference between the size of a 140/80-18 tube and a 150/70-18 tube to matter in use. Both have an inside diameter of 18" and both stretch as they are inflated to fill the inside of the tires they are designed to fit. Since the outside diameter of a 140/80-18 tire is 26.8" and the outside diameter of a 150/70-18 tire is 26.2" , except for the 140/80 tire being 10 mm narrower, they are virtually the same. There's nothing to worry about swapping the tubes around.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I had a nail in my rear tire/tube a couple of weeks ago and ended up replacing it with stock. I was in a pinch since I needed to get the bike up and running ASAP. I'd be interested to see what you can find for cheaper. Dealing with motorcycles with tubes is new to me.

For those who were looking for information like I was, the Dunlop p/n for the rear tube is:
42712-MCG-N21

http://www.powersportspartsmart.com/oemparts/p/honda/42712-mgc-n21/tube-tire-dunlop

-steve

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just bought a front and rear tube from the dealership two days ago the front was $11.00 and the rear was $12. $27 for one tube is ridiculous.
$12 dollars holy cheap tube what brand? shoot a picture of the box please.
i can't find anything under $27 in a 18 x 510 or 140/80-18

·
Registered
52 Posts
Mudslinger,
Nice find! Did you have any issues seating the rear tire with the 4-4.5" tube? I thought you'd need something closer to 5.5-6" for the 150mm rear tire.
-steve

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had a nail in my rear tire/tube a couple of weeks ago and ended up replacing it with stock. I was in a pinch since I needed to get the bike up and running ASAP. I'd be interested to see what you can find for cheaper. Dealing with motorcycles with tubes is new to me.

For those who were looking for information like I was, the Dunlop p/n for the rear tube is:
42712-MCG-N21

http://www.powersportspartsmart.com/oemparts/p/honda/42712-mgc-n21/tube-tire-dunlop

-steve
Is it possible you reversed the CG in the part number? I looked it up at work and found this... see pics.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts