Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,,,,
Do you think that we can install the new Tubeless wheels of AT 2020 On the previous models ?

·
Read Only
20 Posts
Greetings,,,,
Do you think that we can install the new Tubeless wheels of AT 2020 On the previous models ?[/QUOTE

Anything is possible, whether it would be a straight swap remains to be seen. I doubt the price would be way above the Rally Raid solution or modifying standard wheels.

When my ATAS ES turns up my Alpinas will be for sale!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Ive seen numerous posts from owners who have examined the new bike closely... because of this idea about the wheels and the answer seems to be No.

I dread to think what the cost of OEM wheels from Honda would be. cheaper than the Italian made tubeless wheels from Alpina or Kineo? I very much doubt it.

But it wont be long before there is a definitive answer.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I want tubeless wheels too but rather than buying another set, I'm sending mine to Woody's Wheel Works. They'll take the current wheels put stringer Excel rims on it, heavier duty spokes, super lace it for around 1200 bucks... They'll be even better/stronger than the 2020 wheels. Might be something for others to consider....

·
Registered
343 Posts
Me too, I've read the new wheels are NOT compatible with the "old" ones. It looks like the hub is different.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I want tubeless wheels too but rather than buying another set, I'm sending mine to Woody's Wheel Works. They'll take the current wheels put stringer Excel rims on it, heavier duty spokes, super lace it for around 1200 bucks... They'll be even better/stronger than the 2020 wheels. Might be something for others to consider....
would like to see what the finished wheels look like

·
Registered
128 Posts
I would be interested to know if the tubless wheels are compatible between the 2020 standard and adventure sports models.
I am seriously seduced by the standard or the "rally" version!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Please post an update when you get your wheels back and have a few miles on them. Thanks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I would be interested to know if the tubless wheels are compatible between the 2020 standard and adventure sports models.
I am seriously seduced by the standard or the "rally" version!
In the UK the tubeless wheels are an option on the standard 2020 AT

·
Registered
40 Posts
I did the 3M tape tubless conversion and it has worked great! I like my stock gold wheels. With the savings I'm getting the Mosko Moto soft bags and still saving.

Reactions: Jaes1

·
Registered
8 Posts
yes i used them ,They come As a Kit with revised ABS sensor Slots for both front & rear wheels & 41 teeth Rear Sprocket ,Front wheel is Heavier due the Tyre width , Ride is good

·
Registered
8 Posts
May i know The TYPE OF 3M Tape Used ? ,A friend of mine want to Go Tubeless ,Plan was to use 3m MarineAdhesive Sealant 5200 & Use Outex Above The Sealant ,Hope it Works

·
Registered
194 Posts
started today with the measurament between ATAS 2019 and 2020 wheels , will check the abs rings tomorrow .
On the front wheel the swap will need first of all new (or standard 2020 ) spacers.

Reactions: dascooter

·
Registered
57 Posts
May i know The TYPE OF 3M Tape Used ? ,A friend of mine want to Go Tubeless ,Plan was to use 3m MarineAdhesive Sealant 5200 & Use Outex Above The Sealant ,Hope it Works

3M 4412N Extreme Sealing Tape

I plan on doing mine when I get my hands on a set of Dunlop Trailmax Mission tires.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Greetings,,,,
Do you think that we can install the new Tubeless wheels of AT 2020 On the previous models ?
will do the swap in the next days.
Fitting 2019 wheels on 2020 , as i HATE gold wheels.

Reactions: dascooter
1 - 20 of 52 Posts