Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Wheels from a 2020 standard are the same to 2016-2019 .
2020 ATAS got other front spacer , rotors , abs rings and yes TL wheels.

·
Registered
187 Posts
yep , they are the same

·
Registered
32 Posts
Fitting 2019 wheels on 2020 , as i HATE gold wheels.

:smile2: Each to their own. I LOVE them! ha.
I almost went to the dark side and got an R1250GS as it also had gold wheels.

All 3 of my bikes have them! Though pure coincidence on the SP2 and Ducati as I didn't actually seek gold wheels.

·
Registered
187 Posts
My SP2 got CF wheels and i keep myself far from ducati ....

·
Registered
60 Posts
My crf1000 has tubeless wheels from rally raid UK. They have stainless spokes and machined hubs which except the same rear bearings for strength and keeping it simple.
I like the fact that they have done this to the new model.
But other manufacturers have different wheel sizes on their bikes for different reasons and I cannot get on with the 21" front.
Still it is progress after all.

·
Registered
187 Posts
My crf1000 has tubeless wheels from rally raid UK. They have stainless spokes and machined hubs which except the same rear bearings for strength and keeping it simple.
I like the fact that they have done this to the new model.
But other manufacturers have different wheel sizes on their bikes for different reasons and I cannot get on with the 21" front.
Still it is progress after all.
As "old" tube wheels are a direct swap will be nice to know if 19-17 rallyraid wheels with specific ABS rings are working on 2020 models , bought a standard instead of DCT this time so i will have less problems with a future swap.
on early Oct. was ready to buy the 19-17 conversion for my old ATAS , than i went for the 2020 .:eek:

·
Registered
2 Posts
May i know The TYPE OF 3M Tape Used ? ,A friend of mine want to Go Tubeless ,Plan was to use 3m MarineAdhesive Sealant 5200 & Use Outex Above The Sealant ,Hope it Works
Did you try the 5200 sealant with outex? How it turn out? Did you use the sticker over the spoke and then seal it? I’m thinking about doing it that way!

·
Registered
2 Posts
As "old" tube wheels are a direct swap will be nice to know if 19-17 rallyraid wheels with specific ABS rings are working on 2020 models , bought a standard instead of DCT this time so i will have less problems with a future swap.
on early Oct. was ready to buy the 19-17 conversion for my old ATAS , than i went for the 2020 .:eek:
So did the guy thats got your 2020 tubeless rims have any issue installing them? any chance you have a picture of his ride with the the 2020 OEM Tubeless rims??? Thanks!

·
Registered
409 Posts
In order of cost for a full set (front and rear wheels) (UK)

1. 3M tape or similar (stick it on yourself, but beware the existing CRF1000 front rim doesn't have tubeless bead) - from approx £40.00
  2. Outex Kit (again stick it on yourself, but beware the existing CRF1000 front rim doesn't have tubeless bead) - £110.00
  3. BarTubeless / SM Pro (polymer band baked onto internal face) - £1248.00
  4. Alpina (O-Ring system on spoke nipples) - from £1615.00
  5. Kineo from £2387.00
  6. OEM Honda CRF1100 Adventure Sport (yes, they swap straight over to the CRF1000 - BMW style, spokes to outer rim, price includes ABS rings as they won't swap over from CRF1000) - £2467.00
Now given the history of Honda wheels over the past several years.. I wonder why anyone would pay more for them than.. say Kineo.

·
Registered
2 Posts
In order of cost for a full set (front and rear wheels) (UK)

1. 3M tape or similar (stick it on yourself, but beware the existing CRF1000 front rim doesn't have tubeless bead) - from approx £40.00
  2. Outex Kit (again stick it on yourself, but beware the existing CRF1000 front rim doesn't have tubeless bead) - £110.00
  3. BarTubeless / SM Pro (polymer band baked onto internal face) - £1248.00
  4. Alpina (O-Ring system on spoke nipples) - from £1615.00
  5. Kineo from £2387.00
  6. OEM Honda CRF1100 Adventure Sport (yes, they swap straight over to the CRF1000 - BMW style, spokes to outer rim, price includes ABS rings as they won't swap over from CRF1000) - £2467.00
Now given the history of Honda wheels over the past several years.. I wonder why anyone would pay more for them than.. say Kineo.
Was wondering how reliable are the billet aluminium HUBs by those aftermarket ones vs the OEM hubs ones
(not sure what material they are but they dont look like aluminium)? Heard from others that the aftermarket hubs tend to worn out on the slot for the wheel bearing and the wheel bearing become loose. Not sure this is true either. Anyone experience this before? Am actually considering the excel rim set from Bartubeless.

·
Registered
51 Posts
My rally raid front wheel leaks air around 2 spokes, 2 years old, flat in a week. Need to get the tyre off and send it back as they have a 4 year warranty.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Bartubeless conversion for Africa twin till 2020 is 520 euros
Without shipping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 43 Posts